What happens when Breezula or other 'safer' meds come to market?

I’ve been having this terrible feeling the last couple of days that once effective safe hair loss meds come out are we screwed? I mean Breezula a new hair loss med will be out in 2-3 years, it has virtually no chance of systemic side effects. Not that I would wish PFS on anybody, but realistically a safe alternative could put a huge spanner in the works regarding research interest. I feel like we’re just going to be left like this without any idea of what went wrong let alone a viable treatment option.

God I hate Merck.

4 Likes

Weve more or less been left as it stands.

2 Likes

Didn’t they say the same thing about Finasteride, Dutasteride etcetera? It wasn’t until years later that they were forced to add additional clauses to the prescription.

As far as I can tell this Clasocoterone (Breezula) targets the AR receptors. If PFS patients are in whatever way linked by certain sensitivities regarding the AR receptors than this medicine could be just as dangerous as 5AR inhibitors for all we know. We simply don’t know if 5ar inhibition is truly the only cause of our symptoms.

I wouldn’t be so quick to assume that Breezula is safe given our experiences with promises of safety in the past regarding antiandrogenic substances.

That said, even if a better alternative comes to the market. Parties involved in the Finasteride trade will still try to dimiss the dangers of Finasteride as they always have and sell it as they always have. I highly doubt they are suddenly going to admit it was poison all along when something else hits the market. With the recent commercialization of Finasteride I still think we’re still going to see an enormous influx of PFS patients the coming years.

2 Likes

Pretty sure someone got pfs sides from breezula and came here to report it

If it truly does not go systemic as it was specifically designed it’s probably going to have a far better side effect profile than finasteride. Maybe you’re right but if I was a betting man I’d say it’s going to result in very little cases of PFS. Speculation of course.

There is no regrowing hair without targeting the androgen-A.R. pathway, and thus there is no regrowing hair without the risk for Post Finasteride syndrome.

Minoxidil was advertised to me on YouTube as the “innocent” hairloss drug, yet it is the reason I am here typing this.

1 Like

Getting PFS from Minoxidil makes you very unlucky probably. Either way Minoxidil goes systemic. Breezula does not. Non Systemic mean no effect on AR outside the hair follicle therefore no PFS. Or much reduced is all I’m getting at

not if we can prove that there are people genetically prone to this disease

there are anti androgen substances being made for other reasons, not just hairloss

thats why its important to contribute to the 23&me project we have

1 Like

Clascoterone, the active ingredient in Breezula is being used in a cream for acne:

One of the top side-effects recorded was erythemia, so it is doubtful these creams only act topically.

I think the only reason we can avoid being screwed is if we are all proactive in helping to get ourselves out of this mess.

Ask yourself “what can I do to help?” Rather than “what if no more people come to help me?”

I agree Greek this is just a realistic consideration is all, maybe the title was a bit drastic

I believe that focusing on taking control of our outcomes is to be promoted, rather than emphasising reasons to feel more depressed.

As noted, it doesn’t matter how many more PFS patients there are over the next ten years if none of them do anything to further the cause.

Anyone reading this should be aware that nobody is coming to save you. You have to play a part in saving yourself and merely posting on this forum isn’t going to do it.

2 Likes

you’re right i apologise, bad mood soz

No need to apologise at all. Same team!

2 Likes

People still get PFS from pretty much all prostate drugs, so it’ll still be around.