What happened to solvepfs?

What happened to the solvepfs forum I was reading old recovery post now it just redirects to here

1 Like

Interesting. I don’t think their admin said anything to us about the redirect.

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing.

I am not aware. Grateful for the redirect. If the administrator has a backup and would like the content hosted as a read-only archive on our site at the url solvepfs.propeciahelp.com I would be willing to offer this. Rather that than see the case history disappear, as some people I believe no longer to be with us had striking and informative situations.

5 Likes

Its a great decision. It was a bad idea to split up this TINY community over two forums. Ridiculous.

1 Like

Agree that it’s better for everyone to assemble together.

Hopefully we can preserve the posts from there, as @axolotl says.

That’s all good & all but I had PM’s over there that cant be answered or reread

1 Like

A source of information gone…very sad. Hope someone knows the admins of that site so we can recover the posts. I’m sure there are some recovery stories on there too.

One community, two communities IMHO it makes no difference. As long as we stay huddled together we will remain a small community. People are terrified to leave this site and tell their story on non pfs forums. Maybe propecia attracts guys with low self esteem about their appearance which manifests into other aspects of their lives when they get PFS. I will hold my hand up and say Ive been one of those low self esteem guys.

The day everyone leaves here to tell their story is the day we grow into something much bigger. People are so sympathetic towards our condition but you will never know that while you stay here.

Not everyone wants to subject themselves to public ridicule in an era where whatever you say is forever carved in stone online. I can barely admit to myself that I have this ridiculous problem. 90% of doctors dont even recognize it as a problem and anyone who isnt afflicted by it cant remotely relate.

Im sure most people feel that theyve suffered enough and dont want to add any more humiliation to the equation. To those that step forward to create media awareness, I have complete respect for but personally, Im not that strong. The one thing I have going for me is that the outside world doesnt know I have this problem and doesnt treat me any different as a result. Im searching for treatment, not sympathy.

2 Likes

Here is one of the posts I made about PFS on a public forum. Please go through it and show everyone here we’re I was riducled by the public?

I received many supportive posts and pms, people were generally lovely and on my side.

Many doctors in the UK don’t even think low testosterone causes medical issues and that condition has many studies supporting it. So if a doctor doesn’t believe us and chooses the side of the Pharmas we should just stay quiet?

Telling people they will be riducled is simply driving fear and shame. It’s that thinking which keeps us small.

@Chapman why have you up voted his comment? Go and read my post first then decide.

1 Like

@Andrew35,
I have been struggling with the desire to write such a confessional on my FaceBook and other social pages.
May I adapt your message, cautioning against Proscar as well? I will also include links to Propeciahelp.com and this forum , on the chance that a reader may need our help.
I await your permission, and well-said. Thank you, Jim

Hi Jim please feel free to use what you like. Posting on Facebook is very brave. May I suggest starting somewhere a little more anonymous and see how things go. Not wanting to preach but even posting anonymously is going to help get the message out and get non pfsers talking about this rare condition.

Your example is just another anonymous post. This isnt what I was referring to when I talk about speaking out in public. Im saying that I dont want people to know who I am personally and know that Im suffering from these side effects. Youll never find my full name in a news article or my face on youtube telling people about my fucked up genitalia.

We don’t have to reveal our full identies to get the message out about PFS. I made an anonymous post and got people talking about PFS. It’s not about sympathy, it’s about trying to make a change.

Had I posted my real name are you saying the outcome would have been different and people would have ridiculed me?

I’ve posted a link to my story which Jim has kindly offered to post elsewhere. That’s positive and progressive.

Your username is Almostcured. So I assume your symptoms are much better these days, congratulations. Are you embarrassed by the symptoms you have left? Are they enough to be ridiculed about? If you wouldn’t go to such negative naysayers for advice why would you listen to them if they ridiculed you? If these people were your friends maybe it’s time to find different friends. People with horrible disfigurements go out into the world, it’s not easy but it happens.

Anyway just a few questions for you or others to think about, no need to respond. I don’t really want to waste anymore time on this or see things become uncivil. Goodluck with your PFS.

My friends and family would be supportive. They would also treat me different because they wont know what to say or do. It doesnt help my situation to make things awkward for my friends.

I created this screen name when I was feeling a bit more optimistic. I had moments where I thought I was having a breakthrough but it always reverted.

My point was just that theres nothing wrong with people staying anonymous. Btw, its kinda ridiculous to push your point and follow it with “no need to respond because I dont want things to become uncivil.” People can disagree and remain civil.

1 Like

An offer was extended to host an archive of Solve on this site, but I don’t know if their former admin (Enden?) received the message?

2 Likes