What could elevated DHEA-S mean?

I’m a 22 year old male who crashed from Saw Palmetto and other topical anti androgens. I have had labs done and every time my DHEA-S is quite high. Does anybody know what high DHEA-S could mean? My level is 881 ug/dl when the high end of the range is about 560 or so.

I had an ACTH stimulation test done and it resulted negative for congenital adrenal hyperplasia. My endocrinologist says that this high DHEA-S is just normal for my body, I don’t believe that though because it is quite highly elevated.

I would appreciate any input.

Thank you

i had the same when i got labs done few years back . i used fin and RU58841 topical dht blocker

also found high reverse t3 and lowish cortisol . think my dhea was like 14.7 on range of high end of 12 so above the max .

I also had elevated Dhea-S. Doc didn’t seem worried about it so I asked another doc.
He listed Inflammation, problems with sulfation, medications, blood sugar imbalances, liver concerns etc. as possible reasons.

I think inflammation could be a good reason. Maybe that’s why people have improved while taking corticosteroids.