What caused my crash? Steroids or finasteride?

Hi all, been suffering like you all have for last 10-11 months. Was deep into a cycle of anabolic steroids. During this period I went to see GP who sent me to see an endo. As expected. Endo is blaming the steroids although the pattern is exactly like what is described in Pfs websites etc. Mainly the brief recovery period followed by endo crash. My test dropped to 0.5, FSH 0.5, LH 0.5 (may 2015). Was in a bad way, worst 2 months of my life. Since then I have been recovering relatively quickly. Latest blood tests has my test at 7.2, LH 5.6, FSH 3.2. So “normal range” rest of my blood test is completely normal. Even estrogen is normal range and I thought that would be elevated because of gunk and chest / nipple pains. Only thing is my cholesterol is elevated even though I eat very healthily and exercise daily.

My main concern over everything else is the muscle atrophy. Being a competitive body builder and watching your physique fade is torture! Over last 6 months I have lost a stone of muscle mass and increased body fat even with continued clean diet and resistance training. My sexual side effects are present but not a massive factor. Lack of sexual interest is intermittent. I can be horny one day and not arsed the next. Muscle loss is making me crazy! I’m a personal trainer and feel unworthy to train my clients as I’m a shadow of my former self. I have fatigue and exhaustion quite easily when I train. Definitely weaker and my joints ache constantly when I train. Feel as though I am falling apart.

My other symptoms seem to be brought on when I feel down about my appearance. This is the source of my problems.

Has anyone managed to get their body’s back to original size/tone as before the use of this drug!?

Cheers guys

Most men who have problems after steroids feel fine on tetosterone.

Most men with PFS do get little to no benefit from testosterone.

When did you take finasterid?

I’ve now been on test for the past 10 weeks-ish. My sex drive most of the time is high! my mind seems to be back to where is was before. But despite gaining weight and returning to what was my former weight i am just not the same shape. I hold water constantly, i struggle to gain muscle despite the high anabolic steroids. Anyone else experience complete return to normal without being able to gain muscle?

cheers

that is good news in some ways.

Even 250mg of TRT could not help me gain muscle…

Hi guys,
I have suffered like you all through the PFS bullshit crash and all that. Its, so far, taken 2 years of my life. I decided to run a steroid cycle for the past 10 weeks and for the most part I feel great! No depression, anxiety, sex whenever i want, no ED, sex drive normal-high, weight returned back to normal which is all a blessing and i’m thankful for that! However I can’t get the same muscle gains as i used to before. I train like a beast, i’m a nutritionist and a personal trainer/ online coach but despite having a clean diet, strict lifestyle and good work ethic i cannot gain any muscle! my test results came back Testosterone 50+ so way above average LH & LFH normal, no other abnormalities other than slightly increased urea with the high protein and steroids.
Anyone else experiencing anything similar to this?

Just want my gains back to how they where before the crash! being a competitive bodybuilder this has turned everything upside down!

safe to say i would love the chance to get my hands on the arsehole that created this devil-drug!

Cheers guys

hey mate.

have a look at what JustQuitDut done. he also complained he couldn’t gain muscle like before but it seems he reversed the issue.

better to check it on solvepfs.com because he was banned from this place i think

would you mind telling us exactly what you done on cycle ?