What bloodwork values to test for to have the most inclusive but affordable results before starting treatment?

Sorry to be posting such a lot. I’m trying to be less active here.

Got just this question, because I’m about to be ordering bloodwork, and want to make sure I got about everything tested (without emptying my bank account on values, that are redundant).

Currently in the process of ordering bloodwork with company, and I know the base values, but I might be missing something, do you guys have an idea as to whether or not I’d be missing something crucial, and why?

List as of now:
Hormones:

• Testosterone
  • Free testosterone
  • DHT
  • Estradiol
  • SHBG
  • LH
  • FSH
  • TSH
  • Creatine Kinase
  • Prolactin
  • PSA

blood:

• Leukocytes
  • Erythrocytes
  • Hematocrit
  • MCH*
  • MCHC*
  • MCV*
  • Thrombocytes
  • Hemoglobin

liver:

• ASAT
  • ALAT
  • Albumine

Kidneys:

• Kreatinine
  • gamma-GT
  • Triglycerides
  • Billirubin
  • Ureum

Cholesterol:

• Cholesterol total
  • HDL
  • LDL
  • Cholesterol/HDL ratio
  • HDL/LDL risk index

Neurosteroids:

• Cortisol
  • DHEA-S

How beneficial/necessary would it be to also check for neurosteroids i.e. pregnanolone, progesterone, dopamine, adrenaline levels in the blood?

Would 3-alpha-diol (Androstanediol) be an important value to add?

What other values would you recommend I’d test?

Thanks alot.

People have been doing bloodwork for almost two decades. It does not lead anywhere.

2 Likes

sure,The only thing we can do is pray that the mental and physical pain will disappear quickly, so that we can continue to donate money to solve sexual diseases. I think the hormone test every two months is necessary. Forget the rest

Hey @Northen_Star,

It doesn’t always lead somewhere, some people did not respond, or responded negatively (testicular atrophy due to exogenous hormones), but others responded well:

• to.robin had improvement on sexual sides due to treatment, and his values improved (less E2, more testosterone)
  • bluecloud87 had positive improvements on hormone treatment, sexually and improved mood
  • Xorndog had more energy and is more upbeat due to treatment his DHT improved significantly
  • 401 had improvements neurally, mentally and physically, and his hormones showed more free T.
  • JeffO improved due to HRT, and has lasting results, where he claims to be 99% improved, only remmebering stubling over words to be rarely and issue
  • backfromhell imroved his free T and reduced estrogen due to treatment (andactrim) had improvements in libido and mental improvements and claims our issues are due to hormonal imbalances.

Not neccesarily advocating going on hrt, but it seems to work for some.

Sure not everyone responds to treatment, but some do and the hormone/neurosteroid balance seems to be at the root of it (for some), because those are the values you’re manipulating.

Even @awor is on hrt, I take it he has to know his hormonal balance/blood values as well. Was just curious if there was anything I’d be missing, but if not then I’ll proceed. If anyone else has ideas I’d gladly hear.

Awor was on TRT before PFS not to treat PFS.

You can do all the bloodwork you want. But trying to get bloodwork values “in range” has been done to death. If you want to repeat everything that has been done before, so be it. Maybe you’ll get lucky. But don’t open a hundred threads asking for this or that treatment or this or that value range. Keep everything in this thread or your member story.

Good luck!

1 Like

Ah right, didn’t know that. Sure will do, thanks!

Most of the normal blood tests seems to not detect much. And even if they do correcting those values rarely cures PFS. But more data is always more data.

I’d add progesterone and vit D3 to your blood as they seem fairly often affected.

If money’s not tight I’d probably get:

Sensitive CRP to check for systemic inflammation.

Replace Creatinine with Cystatin C as it’s a much better value for kidney health.

These last two are more for general health, than for PFS per se.

1 Like