What are the signs that you are improving/curing from PFS?

I’ve been suffering pfs for about 2 years and a half now. While it is true I feel better than how I was right after getting pfs in 2018, it is honestly hard to know if my body is really improving and making any progress towards pre-pfs 100%.

I wanted to ask people who got completely cured from PFS:
What are the signs that your body is improving and getting cured, like how can you know you are getting better? Or just as most pfs crash happen overnight, does the recovery also happen so suddenly in a miraculous way?

Thank you in advance for your answers, and detailed description would even more be appreciated.

Hello Reborns,

We’re pleased to have you here, but by now you should have filled out a member story. Just go to the member story folder, start a new topic and you will get a template to fill in. It’ll help us all to know what you’re dealing with.

Also, please consider filling out our symptom survey.

2 Likes

For me, it’s oily skin. When my PFS was at it’s worse, (My test and estrogen being high) there wasn’t a single drop of oil on my skin for about 8 months. Acne completely stopped, etc.

1 Like

Finasteride gave my oilier skin and more body hair.

But this is the symptoms of testosterone …
Before PFS I had oily skin nd body hairs ,
After PFS my skin is dry now , less body hairs .

Yes. I believe I’m suffering from upregulated androgen receptors. My hair started shedding after I took finasteride.

When it comes to hormones, there’s no telling how your body will react, because everyone is unique. Some people on fin get more scalp hair and more muscles. Other lose hair and lose muscles.

Unfortunately, this is why I don’t think the PFS researchers will get anywhere. There’s no universal explanation for our symptoms.

1 Like