What are the chances of getting PFS?

Hence Merck burying the side profile list

1 Like

@Tzinkman @Greek @Zonz @LazarusRy – What do you make of celebrity use of finasteride? Ashton Kutcher supposedly used dutasteride for like a decade. And finasteride is used in hair transplants for like 6 months if not for life, and that is a procedure taken by tons of sportsmen and actors. Are there no celebrities who are unlucky with this drug?

There’s a number of suspected celebrity pfs people, but it’s all speculation, as far as I know.

There was that one celebrity that said “I would inject Finasteride directly into my bloodstream if I could” and his kids are two very obviously stunted and androgynous individuals.

Who? @Zonz

Wow. Similarly, there’s an episode of the US version of The Office in which Steve Carell’s character mentions Accutane and Propecia. The actor himself seems to have certainly had a hair transplant and presumably finasteride since the first season, very weird that they have had no side effects and feel fine including this stuff in their creative projects.

Robin Williams and Michael Jackson were victims of it. Justin Bieber seems to be showing symptoms. Speculation of course. There will be many celebs im sure but coming clean, admitting could detrimentally effect their career opportunities as it his for many on the forum.

1 Like

A major celebrity in Justin Bieber’s league coming forward would be a game changer for us. I remember looking at the stories of his “mystery illness” and wondering what the outcome could be if he spoke out.

2 Likes

I watched the film interstellar the other evening with Mathew Mconaughey and noticed he looked old for his age. His skin looked loose and he was very thin. He was sporting a full head of hair. All of which got me thinking.

Good point Greek. Not that we wish this hell on anyone but we would need something like this to get our condition off the ground.

I’ve thought the same about Mathew McConaughey, he’s definitely had a hair transplant and presumably drugs to help keep it too.

Hopefully as more celebrities talk openly about it, people from their peer group who have had a problem will be more likely to come forward.

1 Like

Thought it was just me I look for the symptoms in guys with a sudden mop of hair lol

I think there’s a decent chance Harry Styles is on fin. He started receding a fair few years back and quite a bit was made of it on social media and he hasn’t receded another millimetre since.

2 Likes

There must be a disproportional number of people in the media taking these drugs, we will surely end up with a celebrity patron at some point.

1 Like

I didn’t know you were such a big 1D fan, @SkinDiesel. :slight_smile:

I mean, aren’t we all?

New theory about what all Pfs patients have in common incoming.

2 Likes

Did they actually have serious side effects from it? Was that a part of Williams’ dementia? That’s shocking if true. What symptoms does Bieber show? Also, I don’t think McConaughey uses it, because I read somewhere that it’s more likely that he has an elaborate hair-piece system than is using finasteride. Maybe he’s supplementing with the drug, I don’t know. Plus he’s always had quite a rugged look, and he lost and then regained a lot of weight for Dallas Buyers Club, so that probably had something to do with it.

PFS could have brought on the other symptoms in Williams case who knows. Physically Mconaughey has the trademark physical looks that some of us get. Beiber has been diagnosed with Addison’s which again mirrors a lot of pfs symptoms