What are the chances of getting PFS?

A major celebrity in Justin Bieber’s league coming forward would be a game changer for us. I remember looking at the stories of his “mystery illness” and wondering what the outcome could be if he spoke out.

2 Likes

I watched the film interstellar the other evening with Mathew Mconaughey and noticed he looked old for his age. His skin looked loose and he was very thin. He was sporting a full head of hair. All of which got me thinking.

Good point Greek. Not that we wish this hell on anyone but we would need something like this to get our condition off the ground.

I’ve thought the same about Mathew McConaughey, he’s definitely had a hair transplant and presumably drugs to help keep it too.

Hopefully as more celebrities talk openly about it, people from their peer group who have had a problem will be more likely to come forward.

1 Like

Thought it was just me I look for the symptoms in guys with a sudden mop of hair lol

I think there’s a decent chance Harry Styles is on fin. He started receding a fair few years back and quite a bit was made of it on social media and he hasn’t receded another millimetre since.

2 Likes

There must be a disproportional number of people in the media taking these drugs, we will surely end up with a celebrity patron at some point.

1 Like

I didn’t know you were such a big 1D fan, @SkinDiesel. :slight_smile:

I mean, aren’t we all?

New theory about what all Pfs patients have in common incoming.

2 Likes

Did they actually have serious side effects from it? Was that a part of Williams’ dementia? That’s shocking if true. What symptoms does Bieber show? Also, I don’t think McConaughey uses it, because I read somewhere that it’s more likely that he has an elaborate hair-piece system than is using finasteride. Maybe he’s supplementing with the drug, I don’t know. Plus he’s always had quite a rugged look, and he lost and then regained a lot of weight for Dallas Buyers Club, so that probably had something to do with it.

PFS could have brought on the other symptoms in Williams case who knows. Physically Mconaughey has the trademark physical looks that some of us get. Beiber has been diagnosed with Addison’s which again mirrors a lot of pfs symptoms

Bieber definitely looks like shit compared to how he used to look just a few years ago. Of course it’s hard to blame it all on Fin, but it could be a possibility.

3 Likes

I think it’s likely Bieber did take Propecia and have a bad reaction to it, and came off – hence his continued hair loss. He did say when he was like 15, when talking about Prince William, that he would want to take propecia when his hair started to go. But I think the pure statistics make it unlikely that he has PFS, his side effects probably went away after discontinuation. Most of his looking like shit comes from general celebrity drug use and whathaveyou.

@LazarusRy Also, which specific other symptoms do PFS patients often get, that you mention in reference to McConaughey? Bad, early aging skin? How common are those side effects? – I have the generic sexual and mental sides only, I think.

1 Like

Bieber obviously has pfs. The guy was using fin for years and has all the trademark physical side effects

2 Likes

Maybe not to downplay what you have but the severely effected guys are much more aware of what this can do because we’re in it and can spot it a mile off. Dramatic ageing, weight loss and loose skin are evident and not normal in Mconaughey or us. Unless you have it you don’t spot it. With Beiber you can see the shrunken eyes, the weight loss, grey skin, dry hair.fin stays with some of us for years so it’s not out of the question for Bieber. My mate took fin like me 20 years ago but stopped after a few pill. 2 decades later he’s developing problems.

3 Likes

Yes, Bieber skin color is changed, his skin look pale, definitively have PSF…

Well I passed by to keep you guys posted, I still totally recovered since (I believe last October)…
Good luck to all and get well…

3 Likes

Maybe sorry I omitted to respond to one point about how common these sides are statistically. The answer is that they should not happen and aren’t statistically picked up/aren’t recognised at all. Yet there are a lot of victims suffering these at the hands of fin, accutane and other 5 AR inhibitors. This is so much more widespread and as I’ve said in other threads it took me 18:long years to find the source of my escalating suffering. I know some who took 1 pill and are fighting to stay in this world years on with progressive symptoms. Statistically all of this has been downplayed to protect pharma sales/profits which is also documented on Wikipedia. My advice would be to let it play out and time will help you recover as it does for some rather than looking for answers in the numbers which won’t help you move forward with your life. You can still live well as you are with acceptance and positivity.

2 Likes