Wellbutrin and Post-Fin syndrome

Be glad you have a desire for reward with PFS. I have absolutely no desire for reward.

1 Like

Itā€™s still blunted but I found that WB made it temporarily worse.

1 Like

Thanks for the insights, MatchaTea!

Green tea and Dark Chocolate are both well known to improve focus, albeit temporarily.

Has anyone tried Mucuna Pruriens (L-Dopa) or Tribulus and had any success?

May I ask, how long have you had PFS? Have your sexual and/or mental sides improved over time?

Dude I was actually thinking about L-Dopa as well!

I started propecia back in 2010 and quit in 2018ā€“Iā€™ve had PFS since then and it hit me around 2014 and then I crashed in 2018. The sexual and mental sides are kinda the same and no change. Sexual desire is not there and I still get depressed often BUT, I find those happy moments to come around more often but they are very short lived.

Sorry to hear you havenā€™t improved over time, Matcha.

I personally did order some supplements (Tribulus, Maca, and Mucuna) but havenā€™t taken any, yet.

I did take Maca (5mg) and Tribulus (1000mg) before for 1 month, but no significant sexual improvements besides some morning woods, which I honeslty donā€™t care about when my libido, sensation, and mind-genital connection are non-existent.

Will be seeing a Psychiatrist tonight to discuss dopamine agonists like Mucuna and Wellbutrin with him.

1 Like

Good luck man. Like I said, it didnā€™t hurt me or make me worse like 5-HTP. I think taking Wellbutrin has a chance of making a positive impact and most reviews online based on the Wellbutrin report seem to be positive. Keep me posted.

2 Likes

How are you holding up?

ā€œLorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.ā€

Iā€™ve had this medicine in the back of my mind

In other words itā€™s the one Iā€™m most willing to try
Iā€™m still hesitant but I may eventually say fuck it and try it

I hope everyone that does I say a prayer for
You hoping it works out and AT THE VERY LEAST doesnā€™t make you worse

Thatā€™s as much as any guy on here can ask
If it doesnā€™t work fine

Just donā€™t make us worse

I was on Wellbutrin before I crashed, then quit, and reinstated it a couple of months after my crash. Was on it for 6 months or so (300mg XR). Didnā€™t work but also did not make me worse. Some report better sexual functioning, though, so it might help you.

Iā€™ve been back on it for over 6 weeks and has helped with my emotional well being. Side effects have been primarily sporadic anxiety and occasional nightmares. Thereā€™s been no change to libido except when doing nofap. Sleep is still hit or miss but has done something for my depression. Iā€™m sticking to lowest XL dose. Iā€™ve also been losing weight but have been calorie reducingā€¦it has reduced my desire for sweets. Iā€™m hoping to keep using it through the winter months then reevaluate in the spring. Just remember this is not a miracle drugā€¦my wife has commented that im a different person and more positive around her and my kids.

1 Like

Did it do anything to restore a lack of emotions? Or did it reduce negative emotions which you had before?

I definitely have emotions now lol. After masturbation or sexual intercourse, I turn into an emotional wreck. I found myself crying about two weeks ago for no reason.

3 Likes

Did you not have any before you started taking it?

No, I did not.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been pretty blessed with everything tried. It wasnā€™t a cure but it mostly improved symptoms without making things worse. Tribulus, L dopa, Proviron, Creatine and Coffee to name a few.

ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”-

Man I canā€™t describe in words the pain, embarassment and shame, of ruining your life with one decision. Itā€™s just immeasurably painful. My life was already pretty depressing, but Finasteride knew how to quadruple this. Iā€™m losing friends because fin made me an impotent bitch and because I canā€™ t keep integrity. Everytjing means nothing to me

The reality of the matter is the scientific research being funded and undertaken is unlikely to provide any actionable treatment for at least a decade. So experimentation using tried and tested substances with a relatively high rate of at least some benefit, or more importantly a very low rate of adverse outcomes is, in my mind, but perhaps not in the mind of other users, entirely justifiable.

I admire the fortitude of those who accept that timeframe, and the uncertainty of anything even coming to fruition, and I mean that with total sincerity. I wish I was made out of the same stuff they were.
Iā€™ve been afflicted with this condition for six years. I cannot see myself waiting another 10+ years with this condition for the hope of a ā€˜maybeā€™ at that point.

ā€œLorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.ā€

1 Like

Things are a lot easier to break than to fix. Especially delicate complex things.

3 Likes

Well said, man. I canā€™t express it any better than you(I could only add that some things couldnā€™t be fixed at all once broken, but I still have hope for all of us).

At the same time the rate of the temporary recoveries some people(including me) experienced is astonishing. Sometimes it resembles a switch between two different states. So I completely understand that some people expect to find some kind of fast solution to the problem. But I also believe we should be really careful with that.

2 Likes