Weak pulse rate

I’ve noticed for a number of months now that my pulse is extremely weak. Often when I apply pressure to my wrist it’s extremely difficult to detect, some days almost impossible. Has anybody else experienced this?

1 Like

I have at the beginning of PFS I couldn’t even feel my hear beat on chest. It is getting better, I had no problems exercising or doing heavy work. it was low pulse and heart rate and beat.

try exercise/warm-ups 10-20 min and see how you feel.

now I feel fine like nothing happened at all in this regard. I was like this 1year and little bit more.

1 Like

Thanks man. I’ve counted my pulse rate around 60 once I finally manage to find it but I haven’t done any cardio for a while which maybe needs to be rectified.

1 Like

Yes. This is recently one of my new symptoms. I’ve had PFS for 1.5 years but this recently started last month. My heart rate will also fluctuate between 35-48 Bpm. What’s crazy; when I sleep, it drops as low as 28 bpm. I used to feel my heart thumping in my chest; now not so much. I saw a cardiologist when I first crashed and the device I had to wear for a week detected these rates. I have however always had a low heart rate since High School. Sometimes I wonder if I have an autonomic issue

This one is even more of a head scratcher, and what is your average body temperature?
So are you saying your average heart rate is between 35 and 48 bpm? and has dipped as low as 28 bpm?
The cardiologist wasn’t concerned?

One adjustment: just read the cardiologist report: my heart rate ranged between 40-50 bpm however it dipped to 28 bpm while sleeping. The doctor did not want to prescribe medicine because I’ve been a runner since High School. Still strange no matter how you spin it. Recently, I’ve seen it go as low as 38 or 39 bpms during wake hours.

My only counter to my cardiologist is I’m not a marathon runner or consider myself a true athlete. I would expect these type of individuals to have this heart rate. I run consistently 3-5 miles 5 times per week. I’ve been running this normally since the year 1999/2000.

3-5 miles 5 times a week is still a lot of cardio. I think it is normal to see lower resting heart rate in such individuals. But still consult with your cardiologist.

I don’t know how true it is but Napoleon had 45 bpm.
To tell you the truth I don’t think your heart rate is that low. I would suggest seeing cardiologist and having 24 hour heart monitoring done.

you need a professional equipment to measure your pulse if it is difficult to detect it with finger.

I head (low pulse) I couldn’t detect it with my fingers properly. I bet you have at list 60-70 bits per min.
I don’t want to offend you with my reply, I just think it could be that you cant feel it properly maybe your scuezzing to hard or not enough.

I would go to cardiologist.