Weak Pelvic Floor Muscle cause of PFS ED!?

Some people here have talked about pelvic stretches and exercising, possibly worth a look.

That’s a quick response :slight_smile:

Did you try it by yourself and did it work for you?

1 Like

After my crash, things were very tight in my pelvis so I used to do half an hour of stretching on a yoga matt each evening, which helped me feel better.

At that time I could not get an erection, but I can now, however I don’t do the stretching and yoga anymore, and haven’t for over a year.

So, do you think it worked for your ED?

I don’t know. If I had to say one thing or the other, I would say it helped me feel more comfortable and may have helped blood circulate more freely, which may help erections.

Of all the things that are suggested here, I think this is one of the least likely things to cause a problem for anyone and may be beneficial so is worth a go for 6 months.

1 Like

I second this. Does it ‘cure’ ED or PFS, probably not at all. But it does increase blood flow to that area of the body, and blood flow is a good thing to have down there. I’ve been doing pelvic floor physical therapy for about a month now, and I’ve definitely noticed my groin area to be much more relaxed overall.

1 Like

Check out this post !

For more than ten years I had mostly paralyzed pelvic floor muscles. I had been diagnosed with pudendal neuropathy and what I tried to do Kegels it was simply impossible for me to contract the muscles more than 20% of what i could do before.

Just within the past couple weeks, I noticed I can contract normally so I am going to try to rebuild these muscles again. Anybody else experience something like this with the paralysis or subsequent improvement.

I definitely still have sexual problems, but I’m hoping I can rebuild a little from here for a sustainable improvement. Still might fall back to lack of muscle control but we’ll see.

1 Like

Does anybody have kind of hard lumps or bumps or irregularities in their pelvic floor region? I always used to assume this was the kind of fibrosis that causes Peyronies and that I maybe had a mild case. Didn’t really matter to me so much since nothing else was working.

Just recently these nodules or whatever they are have been getting smaller and my sensations and neurological reflexes are working better. Definitely not a recovery by any means, but I’m feeling things I haven’t felt in a decade. It was like there was a block in the perineum area that was preventing nerve activity from traveling up through the rest of my body.

Could a weak pelvic floor also make it harder for the glans to get engorged?

What did you take or do to get these improvements?

Unfortunately, I can’t report anything specific. Per my doctor’s suggestions, I recently added a few new supplements but I don’t really think this is why. I’ve been taking methylfolate, rhodiola rosea, NAC, omega 3, and occasionally some lion’s mane which promotes nerve growth factor. Other than that, I’ve started to lift weights which I’ve never really done before consistently.

My pelvic floor problems definitely made it harder for the bottom of my penis to get engorged and that’s been improving lately as the whole thing has felt a little healthier.

On the flip side, I still have a terrible refractory time, reduced semen production, and weakened orgasm but there are some refreshing improvements I haven’t felt in a decade.

I’ll get on Kegels since I wasn’t even able to do it before and see if I can get enough improvement to get to a manageable state.

Hello gents. Just wanted to report something positive… The have been debates here whether kegels or reverse kegels are better for erections.

I have been religiously doing 100+ kegels a day and this has been a game changer for me. I think pelvic floor weakness is overlooked with our ED issues. I started adding reverse kegels as well and when I do a reverse kegel during masturbation, I end up losing my erection. So I’m on the “kegels are beneficial” side of the debate.

It’s almost like our autonomic erection response is compromised, but conscious contractions of the pelvic floor during masturbation / sex (as long as a kegel regimine is consistently done outside of masturbation sessions) can regain significant erectile function. This has been my experience. I also do a reverse kegel right before ejaculation and the ejaculate shoots a bit

How long have you been doing kegels?

3 weeks. It still hasn’t really helped with PE which is my ultimate goal, but it has helped with improving erections. I’ve heard this has to be done for many months in order to control ejaculate. I may add planks as well.

I will start by saying this is a difficult topic. It seems that for some men hit with PFS/ PAS/ PSSD, they get some improvements by ‘kegel’ tensing exercises. Relating to tensing the pelvic floor.

However, it can be the opposite in some cases. Personally I experienced way better sexual function when totally relaxing the pelvic floor.

Kegels are complete B.S. to me. I realise they helped some people - opposite helped me. Relaxing pelvic floor helped to get really great orgasms.

I’ve been through the pelvic floor route a number of times over the years.

I’ve recently realized there is much more nuance to this than I though and PTs have been training me.

Its very possible that we have weak/tense IC muscle while overactive BC muscle. Doing kegels wont help. Reverse kegels will some. But primarily IC kegels (which are tough to figure out) is what we really need to focus on.

I’ll post a number of threads that taught me more about this.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/penile-anomalies-injuries-pelvic-floor-issues/136879-locating-activating-ischiocavernosus-muscle-ic-obtain-more-penis-power.html

I think most of us have Pelvic and surround muscles problems, ED is due to these mucles. Libido may not be but ED is.

Did you have Hard Flaccid or any HF-type symptoms before doing kegels?

So i already talked with dozens of recovered people but i forgot to ask them this. That if their PC muscle power and health came back to normal.

I assume it did since they say they sexually feel 100% normal. But i wanna ask, has anyone experienced a dramatic recovery on pc muscle sensation and strength?
I wonder if that muscle area heals itself with hormonal therapies or not.