We should put together a list of treatments that have been 'claimed' as cures on this forum and others!

Some might be a fluke or placebo, some might actually work for some people.

We shouldn’t rule out anything, the more readily available information we have at our disposal the better.

We could sort them from most credible based on user experiences to least credible.

6 Likes

Indeed, I’m sure there are some threads already with things that could work.

1 Like

I made a similar post awhile ago, but unfortunately, it didn’t get a lot of attention. I’d still like to see this happen though.

I think it would be important to keep track of as many people’s experiences as possible, so people who want to try to medication/supplement can get an idea of how likely it is to help or hurt or just do nothing. Maybe also try to account for as many similarities/differences between people that the med/supplement did or didn’t work for. For example, something might be helpful for someone who only has mild sides but backfire for someone with crippling PFS.

1 Like

Problem is most people that recover leave this boring place as soon as PFS isn’t a worry anymore.

Same thing happened to me with scoliosis forums. I used to browse a spinal fusion forum every day after my failed surgery but once I got into a place where I was good I never posted again. I even forgot to post an update and I got a few messages from people that thought I had killed my self later on.

There are many people who had recovered, especially on older forums, whether it be through treatment or just the passage of time. They just don’t often tell us how or update us.

I think an honorable mention is @JustQuitDut’s steroid method. A few people have said they’ve recovered from that. Only issue is that you’re on light steroids for the rest of your life.

3 Likes

How often do regulars disappear without a trace? (this is an honest question)

I’ve seen some new accounts die before they really become active but it seems like most old accounts leave a goodbye message (for better or for worse).

Then again, I’m still fairly new here, so my observations might be way off.

The problem here is that the cure for someone is a curse for other…

4 Likes

This is true, but I don’t think it’s a good excuse to not put some sort of treatment list together. Different things are more or less likely to help or hurt, and I think we should make an effort to determine how likely some things are to have a good or bad effect.

I am not cured.

But in the past exactly 1 year, the >100 tribulus pills that I’ve taken (VemoHerb/MediHerb, others did nothing)… I have gone from being in hell, to being in limbo.

It’s not perfect, but a much better place than 2 years ago.

I heard you have to not masturbate while taking tribulus.

Welll… yes and no. I believe it can help because after 7 or so days of not masturbating I feel insane mentally (as in, I am incredibly androgenic and ready to fuck anything that moves and do some really crazy things to get the attraction of the opposite sex. Or, well, at least that’s what it felt like before Finasteride)

But on the other hand, I didn’t really practice no masturbation for two reasons:

1. I have a hard time falling sleeping if I don’t (excessive sexual thoughts)
  2. I wouldn’t be able to focus on work at all

It still worked for me, whether it would’ve worked better without jerking off, I dunno.

So you have a good libido then? What are the side effects you still deal with?

It’s dodgy. I have “a libido” (esp. in the morning) but there are days where I have none at all, and even at best it’s 50% of normal.

Issues…

1. Mental connection with “down there” is not what it used to be
  2. Penis sensitivity is only 50-60% of normal
  3. Brain fog and lack of lateral thinking, low motivation and drive, lack of creativity and interest in various things
  4. Estrogen dominance (hips and gut gain unexplainable fat)

And overall the biggest one is the way I feel mentally, the way my brain works, this is hard to explain, my default “mental state” (presence of mind, thinking speed, ideas coming to your head, way you perceive the world) is just not myself. This is probably a result of neurosteroid balance.