We need more people with PFS!

This may sound messed up, but Im hoping more people will join this forum once they experienced the persistent side effects. The youtube hair doctors are pushing fin as if its coke, so Im hoping lots of people will give the drug a shot (like I did).

Once we have a larger group of people with the side effects only then can we get companies interested (since there is money to be made) in doing research in a cure or an explanation about the condition.

3 Likes

I’ve been telling people to stop freaking out about telling people to get off of Finasteride, and to stop calling it “poison” etc. The more PFS people we have the better

2 Likes

It might be more more of a positive angle to try and increase the profile of pfs so that those who are affected are more likely to find us.

Wishing misery on people, which is one way of interpreting the message of this topic, isn’t a good look.

There are plenty of people who say they didn’t realise the effects of medications until they’d either built up or they’d taken another substance.

I am confident that there are thousands of people out there with mild pfs who don’t realise.

5 Likes

I didnt mean it in a bad way, im just speaking my thoughts. From the pharmacy viewpoint its a stone cold business, hence earning money out of misery.

Im sure you’re right about the fact that people do experience effects but do not relate them to their fin use…

I’m sure you didn’t, but it doesn’t read like the most compassionate of posts, as I’m sure you agree, so worth mentioning.

Also, just FYI, we have over 5000 people signed up here. If everyone did their bit, or even one in ten, we’d be much harder to ignore, other people would find it easier to find us, etc. Etc.

One thing that a lot of plans that are discussed here have in common is that little happens beyond discussing them. In your opening post, you say that we need more people, we could have thousands of people posting daily and it would make no difference as long as all they did was post on this forum. Not criticising anyone who may be reading this, just saying.

Mods you should edit the title to say We need more people aware they have PFS.

1 Like

No, we just need a solid fundraising process

It’s very hard but doable

1 Like

Well said Greek

1 Like

What happened with to the YouTube project? Is it live?

5000 people is a very small number. Thats basically nothing compared to the amount of people that are using fin. For big pharma its only becoming a business case once you’re talking about millions of people with the disease/symptoms.

This forum is very easy to find, a simple query on Google with the combination of ‘finasteride and persistent side effects’ already lists this forum in the top 10. We ain’t hard to find!

I guess making more noise by making youtube videos with the suffers is ideal to prevent people from taking the risk of using fin. However I dont think it will help us since we’re already hit with the symptoms

2 Likes

As I said in my first reply to you, I expect there are many people who have not made the connection between their symptoms and the drug they took, or are attributing mild symptoms to aging or whatever else. They aren’t searching for the forum.

I hesitated to say millions of people earlier, but I don’t think that is an impossibility when you consider how many substances trigger the symptoms that are commonly reported here, for years we have been of the opinion that the condition is a shared one, despite the drug acting as trigger being distinct.

I don’t think that it’s our job to dissuade people from taking particular drugs, this may seem controversial given my earlier reply but there is a limit to what we can expect to achieve and focusing on being properly acknowledged and catered for is what we have to aim for. Some people will doubtlessly be positively influenced by our efforts and really, there’s no way to raise the profile of this condition without that being an additional outcome.

In your original post, you said that more PFS victims need to come into existence, but really what we need is for those who are already in existence to share their story, for the world to acknowledge what has happened and for the situation to be made right.

I don’t believe this is an impossibility, but everyone has a role to play. Anyone reading this should ask themselves what their role is. If the answer you come up with is “just post anonymously on an Internet forum” think a little harder about it.

2 Likes

It took 18 years for me to tie it up for reasons previously stated. Additionally I’ve come across 4 seperate people effected by PFS outside of the forum via me talking generally about what this has done to me. The numbers are out there I am in no doubt

3 Likes

I think if someone made a solid YouTube channel explaining Post Finasteride syndrome, what the science says, what drugs cause it, what’s the best lifestyle to live if you have it, how can you tell if you have it, that would be great for spreading awareness.

We need to move beyond anxiety/emotion driven text posts repeatedly calling it “poison” and that it “ruined my life” etc and actually spread the facts to people that need it the most, lest we be seen as hypochondriac maniacs.

2 Likes