Was anyone overweight?

I don’t remember where I saw it and I’m still looking to try and find the study again.

But I seen some information somewhere saying that 5 alpha reductase activity was higher in obese patients than in controls.

It wasn’t a study at all related to our conditions it was just on regular people that hadn’t taken a 5ari.

I’d just like to see if anyone on here was considered overweight/obese whilst on the tablet (iso/fin/sp/dut) or before.

Please be honest and consider your overall weight in relation to your height. Maybe your diet before hand aswell. Your bmi?
Height weight and age at time of tablet being taken/crash.

Thanks I’m just conducting research for myself so I’m not suggesting anything here

Age when taking: 28
Height: 190cm
Weight: 84kg
Diet: Healthy varied omnivorous, fresh vegetables, fresh fruits.

Still am the same weight and athletic build with the same diet.

Considering my healthy athletic physique, I personally do not think weight has anything to do with the aetiology of PFS.

It might have something to do with possible improvement of symptoms in the long run.

The increase in 5AR in obese people are mainly in the liver IIRC. The body trying to avoid fatty liver and other obese related diseases.

I was 82kg, 183cm lean build. Never been above 15% bodyfat in my life before PFS.

1 Like

It seems to me that most of us where in good health prior to our conditions

181cm, 82kg before I crashed. Worked out at least 3-4 times a week, played heaps of sport.

PFS is unfortunately indiscriminate.

180cm / 72kg when I got PFS.

I’ve gained some weight while taking iso. At the moment of my crash I was 28 yo, 180 cm, 84-86 kg. I’ve always been lean and quite fit(some regular working out, bicycling). After stopping the drug I’ve lost all the extra weight and more, now steadily 72 kg.