Warning: Milk Thistle can cause persistent side effects

@AWOR

Thank you for being honest. Exactly how many pills of MT did you take and what EXACTLY lead you to quit? Sorry if you have already covered this. Thank you.

thatā€™s pretty interesting that you say since masturbation increases androgens, it causes you to get worse. this had my thinking because you said that you crashed about 2 weeks after milk thistle. i have seen other people post about how after they masturbate, they will get more horny initially, but then after a few days they will crash as well. itā€™s like the same cycle with masturbation as what had happened with milk thistleā€¦ some improvements, then a sharp crash down after some timeā€¦

i wonder if by avoiding all things that increase androgens (per your post), as you say, would help fix the problemā€¦ as in, long term avoidance of masturbation, not just a week or two. maybe a few months?

btw, thank you for this thread and your warning. i have decided to stay away from MT until it is more thoroughly understood.

@awor Hey Awor, Please help me. Everything youre saying is exactly what Im going through right now. Please help me. This stuff made me feel really solid and energized before, but now its making me lose weight and shake and I just want it all to stop. I keep waking up after 5-6 hours, sometimes maybe less. Sometimes if i eat a lot it, I have more time. Ive been taking Tylenol in order to toxify my liver in hopes of undoing the damage. I have no idea what to do.
Please email me at ->
I really need your help and advice. How did you stop it? Have you seen a doctor?

@kylesprings

Iā€™ve just edited your email address out of your post. I suggest you wait for @awor to reply here instead of posting your contact details publicly.

A post was split to a new topic: Question about post ejaculation feeling of well being over 5 years

I am very sorry you also had to go through this. Did you take anything besides Milk Thistle? Why did you take it in the first case? Unfortunately I do not have any knowledge on how to fix this. My milk thistle crash (which was on top of a finasteride crash) eventually improved, but it took a while. You might want to try Ambien from sleep, it did help me sleep while going through the worst of this.

@awor i took it because it is supposed to help digestion. Im actually afraid that it could have given me diabetes because of its blood sugar lowering effects. Im unsure of how to proceed, and im not even sure if its getting any better. Ive been sleeping in more and the first couple of days i was having weird left arm tightness and weakness. It still gives me the shakes and its as if I can feel my liver moving too fast. I will give it a couple more days before I go to a doctor. Is there anything more you could tell me about your experience? All I ever read was good reviews about this stuff and trust me I searched a lot for side effects. Everything said nausea, slight abdominal pain and thats it for like the worst symptoms. It says that you have to be careful because it lowers blood sugar but only to be worried if you have diabetes and are taking diabetes medication with it. Im not diabetic and i certainly wasnt taking anything else with it. I havent been able to focus at all on anything because of this. Thanks ahead

is not silimarin a natural hdac inhibitor? it should revert ar silencing not cause dysfuntion

Hey awar, im having the same exact problem, i took milkk thistle prob 4-5 months ago for digestion and liver health, and it worked grat for a week adn then dang ever since then ive had terrible problems with sexual aggression, terrible brain fog, zero motivation, frontal lobs feels numb, no stimiulants seems to work, caffeine doesnt give me a rush just a numb feeling, i had a myraid of blood tests and a ct scan and all is normal, the only thing i took was milk thistle how long did it take for u to be back to normall, its beenmonths and i still feel like this help me dude.

What do you mean eventually improved?

Awor?

Got closer again to my PFS baseline, but never fully reached it again imo. If you want some good advice: Stay away from this ā€œnaturalā€ poison, if youā€™re considering it.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to assume this guy got better by either taking proviron again or just recovered with time I tried messaging him with no reply back so maybe heā€™s better anyone else think this might be the case??? @provironabuser

I have often taken it for liver. Not any AR action of non-synthetic drugs is the same as whatever a synthetic drug does. (There is not even a real explanation for why things happen the way they do - nor even for the systematic role of AR in all of it.) And it helps of course if one doesnā€™t forever sit on the last thing one had taken, I never just take one thing.