Warning about *dark* chocolate/cocoa/cacao (or foods containing high amounts of 5ar inhibiting flavonols)!

I am sorry this happened to you. I can’t believe how many times I’ve fucked up this year. I hope we can recover from this.

1 Like

Chocolate defo a no go.
I was told 70 % dark chocolate was the trick…
It was a Huge mistake. Had a couple of bad days after eating it… Was organic, no cheap stuff, quality…
Spent an awful night, anxiety was high and racing heart.
Being early in the process, I think it adds to the problem of PFS. Not only do we have a hard time learning to cope with the syndrome, its consequences ( fatigue, insomnia, over watching any sign your body sends you), but the diet issue is yet another challenge I find hard to come by…
I guess the gut issue in PFS should not be overlooked since eating the wrong types of food make things even worse…

1 Like

I was stupid enough to say fuck it and eat half a bar of dark chocolate again. feel fucked few hours later immediatly.

1 Like

Same happens to me I avoid chocolate at all cost now. I feel like shit right after I have anything with mayo in it as well so I avoid that stuff since it contains soy.

1 Like

I always eat high cocoa chocolate with no apparent ill effect.

1 Like

If I understand correctly mayo uses soybean oil which I think should be fine because it doesn’t contain isoflavones. I can’t be sure though, that’s just what I remember reading/

1 Like

Paradoxically, this may be a way we make sure we are really under recovery/normal.

Update: Guess what. More than 7 months later and I am still not recovered. Still wake up after around 3 hours and can’t go back to sleep most days. It’s almost like I made zero progress.

Soybean oil still contains low amounts of isoflavones. Not sure if it’s enough to matter. I try to avoid it as much as possible, anyway.

Update: I had an emotional breakdown and past two days I could only stay asleep for 1.5 hours. I can’t believe this is happening. I think I am done.

8 month Update: No improvement to my sleep. Still can only sleep for 3.5 hours at a time. Anyone wanna be miserable with me and take some Navitas Cacao Nibs?

Take atarax 10 mg mates it really helps

3.5 then you can go back to sleep? Or 3.5 total?

Stay the FUCK away from DARK or SEMI SWEET CHOCOLATE

1 Like

Have u had a kicking off it @sg8627

Like a fuckin moron I’ve been eating these edible arrangements ppl keep sending to out home

I thought it was just harmless milk chocolate but I felt it for sure
It fucked me up giving me instant anxiety and random racing throughs. Whatever progress I gained ED and Libdo was OUT THE WINDOW.

I felt weird in, not my stomach, but this odd feeling in my guts or intestines. THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS

Apparently they use semi sweet chocolate which is pretty Much dark chocolate… MOTHERFUCKER

1 Like

It’s insane I know. Hopefully you’ll return to baseline in a few days/weeks. It’s like a minefield

1 Like

Fuckin absurd

Obviously I have some sort enzyme reduction or a receptor issue

And wtf knows probably something no one even thought of

Beside myself

1 Like