Vitamin K–Dependent Matrix Gla Protein as Multifaceted Protector of Vascular and Tissue Integrity

This might seem a little random atm. If this test ever becomes commercialized or standardized, I would recommend checking this out. I havent seen alot of talk really taking a deep look at this.
This is looking at vitamin K status, mainly k2. I know the problem with supplementing this directly. This study is looking at or acknowledging both micro and macro circulation health and how vitamin k could play a preserving role.

This might come from bacteria in the small gut or intestine (at the site of absorption), it would also probably be an early colonizer in infants to prevent hemorrhage.

Inactive matrix Gla protein is a novel circulating biomarker predicting retinal arteriolar narrowing in humans

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-33257-6

Our findings underscore the pivotal role of activated MGP in maintaining ocular homeostasis

Also switching to male health and fertility, ive already posted on its possible regulation of the Androgen Receptor. I think ive posted this before as well? cant remember.
The main point would be, this doesnt come from the diet.

Vitamin K2-Dependent GGCX and MGP Are Required for Homeostatic Calcium Regulation of Sperm Maturation

Menaquinone-4 enhances testosterone production in rats and testis-derived tumor cells

In a previous study, we performed a comprehensive gene expression analysis to elucidate the functions of vitamin K in the testis [11] and found that mRNA levels of steroidogenic genes were significantly reduced in the testis of vitamin K-deficient rats, accompanied by low testosterone levels in the rats’ testis and plasma. In this current study, we further explored the effects of vitamin K on testosterone production in rat testes and tumor-derived Leydig cells.

I think a problem with supplementing this directly is vitamin k is not only a growth factor for humans, but most microorganisms as well.

Quickly looking at a couple relations in two of the major drug classes,

The impact of treatment with selective serotonin reuptake …

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › pmc › articles › PMC5366071
](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5366071/)

by CA Shively - ‎2017 - ‎Cited by 12 - ‎Related articles

Aug 30, 2016 - SSRI effects on carotid artery atherosclerosis. Sertraline treatment increased atherosclerosis in the right extracranial carotid arteries (common …

Antidepressants linked to thicker arteries – ScienceDaily

www.sciencedaily.com › releases › 2011/04
](https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110402163856.htm)

Apr 2, 2011 - Antidepressant use has been linked to thicker arteries , possibly … the one taking the drugs tended to have higher carotid intima-media …

Isotretinoin increased carotid intima-media thickness in acne …

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › pmc › articles › PMC5074391
](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5074391/)

by A Saklamaz - ‎2016 - ‎Related articles

Isotretinoin increased carotid intima-media thickness in acne patients.

Id also say hypothetically if seeing any type of disease progression like the above, altered gene expression would probably follow suit. So even if you could look at any and every genes state at any given part of the body externally or internally, upregulated, downregulated, silenced,
Its not going to tell you enough.

Ive also been looking at this because there could be a close interaction with matrix-gla proteins and retinoic acid. Once again they knew absolutely nothing about any of this when Accutane was released in the 80s.

"In this manuscript, we demonstrate that RA functions as a potent inhibitor of MGP gene expression."
https://www.pnas.org/content/94/6/2227/

Increased Dietary Intake of Vitamin A Promotes Aortic
Valve Calcification In Vivo
https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1161/ATVBAHA.112.300388

Vitamin K–Dependent Matrix Gla Protein as Multifaceted Protector of Vascular and Tissue Integrity

GLA PROTEINS – THE WARNING SIGN FOR THE
BLOOD VESSELS

I would call all of this something to be aware of, especially if any diagnostic testing does become available.

I and another guy got worsened by taking this shit, Vit K2. No need to suggest that poison…

How much did you take again?

Took it a month, the recommended dosage, 100mcg as I remember…

Im not recommending supplementing this. Some people seem to have problems just eating and digesting food, let alone supplements.
Supplementing isnt how this would work in nature, and the vast majority of the population isnt consuming natto.

A few more things.

ACCUTANE (isotretinoin capsules) - FDA

www.accessdata.fda.gov › drugsatfda_docs › label
](https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2010/018662s060lbl.pdf)

PDF

Focal endocardial and myocardial calcifications associated with calcification of the coronary arteries were observed in two dogs after approximately 6 to 7 months of treatment with isotretinoin at a dosage of 60 to 120 mg/kg/day (30 to 60 times the recommended clinical dose of 1.0 mg/kg/day, respectively, after …

I would still be pretty curious about the results of this study, its not being completed until dec 2020.

Decalcification of the Aortic Valve by Vitamin K2 (Menaquinone-7) (DECAV-K2)

Their using 1000 mcg mk7 over 3 years? I believe.
(Not recommending this)

Looking at all of this, I would say there is a possible progression of inflammation, arterial stiffness, narrowing, and ultimately calcification.
There is no known substance that reverses calcification, except maybe these matrix gla proteins.

There’s more I could say on this later.
Im not saying this is a given, just something to keep in mind long term.

Just to pull a thought from that study I posted.
"These studies suggest
that patients exposed to retinol-based therapies (including Accutane) or dietary
hypervitaminosis A may be at an increased risk of developing
CAVD."

You look at the FDA info on the dogs, yea its 30 times the dosage, but would it be that far off when Accutane’s effects are intentionally permanent?
Meaning is there a long term increased risk for cardiovascular type disease even 20 years later?
Part of whats been acknowledged recently as part of Accutane’s effects is a remodeling of the microbiome. Drastic changes are possible with SSRIs as well.

A new study in mice led by UCLA biologists strongly suggests that serotonin and drugs that target serotonin, such as anti-depressants, can have a major effect on the gut’s microbiota

Then you look at the possibility of these changes going in the wrong direction looking back at k2.This could also be a reason of caution supplementing this. It could be part of a bigger picture and supplementing could cause more problems as a bacterial growth factor.
I would also replace SIBO with dysbiosis because of the stigma of SIBO and It might not have to be this per se.

Subclinical atherosclerosis is linked to Dysbiosis via vitamin K2-dependent mechanisms

The matrix Gla-protein is involved in maintaining vascular health and vitamin K2 is a prerequisite for its activation and function. Intestinal bacteria are the main source of vitamin K2 in humans and small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) is associated with altered vitamin K2 metabolism. This study demonstrates that SIBO is associated with increased plasma levels of inactive matrix Gla-protein, which, in turn, correlates directly with early markers of atherosclerotic disease such as increased arterial stiffness. Therefore, SIBO has the potential to serve as an indicator for increased risk of developing an overt cardiovascular disease.