Vitamin D warning!

I was diagnosed with low vitamin d, so the doctor prescribed me 10,000iu of vitamin d in capsule form.

Took my first one today and didn’t think anything more of it until later tonight I got heart palpitations. I looked up vitamin d overdose and voila, causes palpitations!

Be careful!

I take 40-60,000 IUs per day (take K2 w it).

Its been one of the supplements that remains a staple for me, it helps that much.

I read that it needs other vitamins like magnesium, so if you’re deficient it can lead to too much calcium in the blood, which causes palpitations.

Just an update that I restarted vit d without any problems, so it was probably something else.

you guys have been reading my posts for almost 5 years and I have been taking VitD3 for almost 4.5 years without any problem.

Thanks, I think I drew the wrong conclusion. It’s easy to draw patterns and establish links that aren’t necessarily there, especially when so little is known about our condition. Can I ask what improvements you noticed with vitamin d?

Maybe this article will be helpful @pete

7 Reasons Not to Take Vitamin K with D

1 Like

Do articles aimed at normal functioning people ever apply to PFS

Be very, very careful with Vitamin D, it caused me to become worse, and apparently it has had the same effect, causing at least a few others to crash horribly.

I took a large dose last summer, and, quite unexpectedly, it basically nearly killed me. I had been suffering with PFS for a while, the it quickly caused me to crash and become much worse. It was a horrible mistake. Fatigue and muscle wasting only become a problem after that.

If you do try out this or other vitamins that potentially affect hormones, it might be best to try a very low dose out (below the daily dose), then wait a few days, try it again, and repeat this a few times for while. I’d try to avoid any large megadoses like that.

How are you doing now? Hope you are feeling better! And yes VIt D should be avoided at all costs it’s Russian roulette and has had devastating effects on numerous users.

You took large dose in summer…Vitamin d pills or sunbathing? Thanks!

Here in Spain its Sunny, i have vitamin deficiency and im avoiding the Vitamin d that my medic prescribed me but i was thinking of sunbathing

It’s my opinion those of us who don’t tolerate vitamin D supplement have an autoimmune related issue as part of our PFS because of taking a dht inhibitor.

About 18 months ago I crashed on Tribulus which now causes me to have abnormal immune responses to stimuli including vitamin D in the form of inflammation. If I take vitamin D supplements even in low doses by day three I experience inflammation, this never occurred before my Tribulus crash.

Yet when I holiday in Spain in the summer (very hot and sunny) I don’t experience inflammation yet must be receiving multiple times more vitamin D than I would if taking a supplement.

The reason why I can tolerate these high levels of vitamin D from the sun I believe is because the sun’s UV rays are natural immunosuppressants hence my argument I and some other PFS sufferers have an autoimmune condition now triggered in our bodies.

2 Likes

Vitamin D is a tricky one.

I have only found problems from taking supplements, whether tablets or liquid form.

The problems are heightened anxiety, depression, worsening of PRSD / PAS symptoms.

I read a while back that vitamin D is a 5-AR inhibitor - I can’t find the link, however - and I don’t recall that it had further reading to back up the claim.

For some reason I do not experience these issues when getting vitamin D via sun-bathing. I don’t understand why this is. Vitamin D via sunlight during summer improves my mood and libido. I am careful not expose my face to the sun, because skin there is sensitive due to Accutane.

During winter I try to keep vitamin D levels up by eating oily fish. Eggs are another way.

2 Likes

It was the Vitamin D pills, not sunbathing.

1 Like

I can safely consume 2000 IU of d3 anything over that makes me feel like shit, I had low vitamin d and managed to fix it but doesn’t seem to benefit me otherwise.

1 Like