Vitamin D deficiency

Just curious how many people have low vitamin D?

Most people with digestive issues will have low vitamin d due to malabsorption.

I tested around 22 for Vitamin D, range being from 30+

If you are thinking about supplementing, be careful. Start very low.

Some have reported benefit from Vit D, but at least one person crashed badly on it (50k dose).

By the way, low Vit D is very common among PFS folks, but generaly speaking Vit D is usually pretty low in general population as well.

I’ve never been able to find a sweet spot for supplementing. Whether 1000 iu or 5000iu daily.
Although lots of sun makes me feel better.

How does Vit D affect you?

Sometimes it can make me feel pretty good.
Better mood, more energy, better cognitively, sleep better, better bowel movements.
All around better.

It can also do the exact opposite to everything mentioned above.

That’s very weird.

Jesus Christ, is there ONE thing that’s linear with PFS?

True I’m from MN so everyone has low vitamin d here but I would imagine people in sunny places all year round would not have an issue. I use 4000 iu which has been recommended I saw my vitamin d levels move from 20 to 70 I think to overdose it would be a serious amount

my vitamin D is too low

I couldn’t say.

Do you feel better on Vit D? Worse? Same?

Anything worth reporting?

Had bad effects, here. It caused a significant uptick in anxiety levels. I have tried it in pill format and then using a medical-grade sunlamp. Both ended up increasing anxiety levels. Not sure why. After searching, it seems some people just have this reaction - couldn’t find any root cause behind it, and it didn’t seem to link directly to former use of Accutane, Propecia, SSRIs.

Natural sunshine is ok. I also eat oily fish and I think these have a decent amount of vitamin D.

Yup, I’ve read some of those reports as well.

What was your dosage?

I feel the same I only mentioned it because it seems like the one link that we all have.

1 Like

Hard to tell. Plenty of people have low Vit D, regardless of PFS and other conditions.