Vitamin D Crash

I’m severely deficient of vitamin D, but whenever I supplement it in any form I crash. Does anybody else have the same issue with vitamin D and is there any speculation as to why this might happen?

2 Likes

我知道一些中国的患者缺乏维生素,但好像有人吃了后加重了耳鸣,最安全的方式似乎是晒太阳。我认为我们的一切症状都像是“老了”,一切源于雄激素的匮乏

2 Likes

Same here I can’t even take much sunlight anymore. I’d say its down to gene over expression which probably varies in us. Ie to different degrees.

2 Likes

Im also so deficitent but when i try to supplement vitamin D i get horrible pain in nipples. Like i can’t wear tshirt. Done tests and i don’t have gyno or smth…

1 Like

Make sure the supplement does not have sunflower, safflower, soybean, or any other filler oils. It should be as close to pure vitamin D as you can get.

I didn’t respond well to vitamin D either, I crashed the first time I took vitamin D/K2 drops, I checked out low vitamin D the other day, I got a lot of sun yesterday, and I ate a lot of pork, 4 or 5 oranges, and prune blueberries and strawberries, which probably had nothing to do with vitamin D. I feel like maybe the sun is causing me to get worse. The first thing that gets worse is that I start chattering, depression gets worse, fatigue gets worse, and then I start to atrophy and lose connection. This fucking vitamin D, but I’m on the low vit d, and I don’t know what to do

1 Like

my tinnitus is also getting worse

1 Like

I have the same.

I crashed hard from supplementing Vitamin D (2500 IU a day).

I have been to solarium a couple of days ago that has also UVB rays for Vitamin D. I crashed again. I am not sure that thats the cause for my crash but i fear, that i am now prone to crash from sun as well in summer. Its winter now where i live.

It was strange. The day i was to solarium i expierienced some libido and better sleep. Better PFS overall. Better libido stayed to the next day, but the following days i crashed.

Fear i am severly fucked now with not beeing able to get in the sun.

Would like to hear how things have developed for some of you guys.

2 Likes

Have things gotten any better for you man?

Taking vitamin D tablets have caused me to crash in the past. It resulted in notably high levels of anxiety, especially.

I once read that Vit D3 has 5-Alpha Reductase Inhibitor properties. Unfortunately I didn’t save the link. Someone will be able to dig it up, with enough searching. If D3 is a 5-ARI - this is probably what is causing the crashes.

Sunlight only seems to produce positive effects. Obviously I protect the skin on my face since it is very sensitive, due to Accutane. Skin on rest of body is ok, I just make sure not to get burned.

Have you considered trying to improve your vitamin D levels through food? Oily fish, mushrooms, eggs, etc. I don’t know if it has enough to solve the problem entirely, but this may be another route. I have gone through long periods of eating canned oily fish every day (sardines, mackerel) and encountered no negative impacts.

Yeah I’m fine now. Every time I get a lot of sunlight, I have a couple days of the panic attacks, but they don’t really ever last far beyond that anymore. But it is the same brutal crash, just at a shorter timescale.