Vit D officially good or bad?

Is it a 5ARI? Because I have no idea

Bad if it exceeds > 1000 I.U (in my opinion)

2 Likes

Very Interesting

Could you elaborate please?

I only say because like an idiot I saw my VIT D was low like below 30
And instead of tapering up from say 500…I only had 5000 and took it. Took a nap and woke up with THE worst god damn headache oh my life.

I hope to God I didn’t do any permanent damage.

So could you elaborate on why you think it’s dangerous and why more than 1000iu

Thank you

depends on individuals.

it has no harmful effect on me whether i supplement or get sunlight

many others can’t even handle sunlight for too long let alone a concentrated supplement, without crashing hard

1 Like

Hey mate how are u feeling now?

It can act as an aromatase inhibitor at higher doses, i had read some kinds of studies about it, can’t find it at the moment. I think eating 3-4 whole eggs a day and an hour of sunlight would work enough for fulfilling the daily RDA of Vit D.

1 Like

I think a symptom of estrogen crashing is super bad headaches
And I woke up with one after taking 5000 iu

Just really stupid on my part
Idk what I’m thinking sometimes
Just stupid

2 Likes

Don’t take such supplements, ever. Same thing happens with high doses of “Zinc” with most PFS patients, crashing estrogen receptors means suicide…just give it a month and see if are able to tolerate the sun.

2 Likes

Boom. This is it.

We know now that enough people have got themselves in trouble with supplements.

We don’t have many people (even fewer reliable people) say that they’re much better and are certain it’s because of a supplement.

Low chance of success & the potential to significantly worsen condition. Not an ideal mix.

3 Likes

Vitamin D used to give me really bad heart palpitations, stomach aches, bloat and dehydration (Dry mouth) when I first had PFS.

It’s been almost 2 years now and I can take any vitamin/supplement just fine given that they’re not megadoses.

We need Vit D though but of course not too much.

Vitamin D is critical not only for optimized androgen production, but also for androgen receptors themselves.

• The vitamin D receptor is expressed in reproductive tissues including prostate, testis and human sperm, and vitamin D receptor-knockout mice have gonadal insufficiency, suggesting a role for vitamin D in reproductive function [R].
  • A research group from Germany and Austria recruited 2,229 men from the prospective Ludwigshafen risk and cardiovascular health study. Levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D, testosterone, luteinizing hormone and sex-hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) were measured, and the free androgen index calculated. Almost one-fifth of men assessed had hypogonadism. The mean 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration of these participants was markedly lower than that of men with sufficient testosterone. Regression analyses showed a significant association between 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and testosterone, free androgen index and SHBG, even after adjusting for age and body mass index. Variations in testosterone and androgen index followed a seasonal pattern similar to that of Vitamin D levels, with androgen levels peaking in the summer, and significantly decreasing in the winter [R].

I know I’m revisiting this post after a while but I figured I’d check in

I’m basically ok I guess but I just feel this fuckin Vit D gave me a new low baseline
I’m pretty sure

1 5000iu dose abs my brain just feels like not all the lights are on