Using Fin To Replace Androgens?

I was wondering how my body would react if I tried going back on at 100 mcg instead of 1mg. If I notice anything positive I’ll let you know.

People have tried lower dose fin through Hasson and Wong’s topical finasteride and they get side effect just the same so I’m not sure it makes much of a difference. I don’t know all your side effects besides the skin problems, but you need to be aware that you may not be able to cure some side effects after you get them. I think when you get something like tinnitus you have it for life so you should be aware of those risks.

I said I would do it but I’ve been reluctant. Looking at that cheeseburger’s post again he said his method returned to him as close to normal as possible meaning it wasn’t a full recovery. My side effects aren’t that bad to begin with, my biggest problem has been sleeping but it’s slowly returning after 10 months so I don’t know how much better I could get.

Most of the non-libido side effects linked to PFS are things I already had anyway so I really don’t have much to lose.

lol well okay.

I’ll probably try it myself for fun before I decide to stop living but for now I just don’t want to have to go through the frequent urination period after stopping again cause it made sleeping really difficult.

What dose were you on? I’m planning on going really low. Like 100mcg or lower

I only took it once, the dose was somewhere between 2-2.5mg. It’s in my post history.

hi,

no it doesnt work that way. finasteride doesnt destroy androgen receptors. it is an androgen receptor blocker and above all it stops dht being produced and thus there is less dht to activate androgen receptors

theres many youtube videos you can use to learn how these systems work

Dr. Goldstein says it destroys it on the UroLift Prostate Panel, “It is worth noting that 5-ARI inhibits the enzyme by destroying the enzyme – this is why it can be irreversible.”

Page 4
urolift.com/wp-content/uploads/ … lement.pdf

But he’s saying the body doesn’t make new receptors. Who knows though.

If the enzyme is being destroyed then shouldn’t the crash happen during finasteride usage and not after? My theory is that the crash is caused by drug dependency and that we’re not weened off properly

I don’t think they’re all destroyed, that’s why the crash doesn’t happen always happen during. The remaining receptors stick around and try to make up for the dead ones by over exerting themselves when there’s not enough DHT, that’s what mew and awor hypothesized in their research paper. And then when the DHT comes back after quitting the old receptors along with any new ones created by the body (if true) are bombarded with too much DHT and they can’t handle it so they stop working altogether. Weaning off doesn’t work either because finasteride has almost a flat dose response no matter the dosage, it’s too powerful even at small doses.

Link to mew/awor paper - protocol-online.org/forums/u … 061244.ipb

Then why doesn’t everyone suffer from PFS?

That’s the question we’re all wondering.

Maybe during the flood of DHT some androgens are superior/lucky and don’t blow out or become unresponsive so they still function properly.

Also. Doesn’t the flat dose response stop at about .2mg? That’s what I gleemed from a quick Google search

when you take fin it irreversibly inhibits 5ar, so the enzyme is useless forever. it then is disposed by clearance.

normally, as there are less receptors being activated , through homeostasis there will be more receptors being created to balance the effects. maybe this is not enough and the existing receptors themselves become more sensitive in order to compensante.

finasteride doesnt destroy receptors. it does make the enzyme useless by forming a complex 5alpha-finasteride which has to be disposed

So our bodies are just totally fucked it sounds like

The body should re syth more enzymes…Some men maybe are more effecient at doing this than others that go back to normal or recover after a period of time…It is also suggest while in this state that AR gene expression is affected or in hence, turned off to certain ar signaling in the body…So could be another reason your body does not go back to responding reguardless if the enzyme regenrates or not…

yeah i mean, i forgot to say the enzyme replenishes itself, but because you keep dosing finasteride, it keeps getting blocked. eventualy you end up with constant 80%+ of enzyme inhibition or some value like that

when you quit, the body can make new enzymes , and over time less and less will be bound to finasteride, and when all the finasteride is gone, your 5ar is back to baseline.

or at least in theory for most people…except us it seems

i also think the crash is a witdhrawal syndrome adn wrote a lot about it

Yea but it’s still too powerful if people using topical fin still have side effects. So I guess the dosage even matter, even a drop of fin could wreck you.

Well, this is fitting. Today I saw my GP so I could get a new prescription to finasteride (I threw out my old one) and instead of handing it out no problem the way my dermatologist did, she instead looked through all the side effects, noticed it could cause permanent sexual dysfunction, as well as worsen symptoms of depression and anxiety (which I have a history of) and told me she didn’t feel comfortable writing a prescription. So now I’m stuck without options cuz I saw a shit doctor first and a competent one last. Just my luck.

lol, it’s rare but at least there are some general doctors out there who aren’t totally oblivious or close minded.