US research studies

I would have posted this in the research forum but its locked.

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY THING ABOUT WHEN THE US RESEARCH STUDIES WILL START?

I keep hearing about it, but when will we find out more about it?

I have severe pain in my arm that I think may be neuroinflammation or something related to nerve damage or neurohormones. I don’t understand why research in the US has not started about this problem. Studies should have started even without the PFS foundation for the sake of medicine since it is US medical practice that has resulted in this worldwide damage.

I am not sure to be honest, but I think in 2013 some things will start rolling.

I got some information today about the studies and yes there is quite a bit going on, thank god. I was told though that a lot of financial support is needed now though and that some fast short term success will really get the ball rolling. The US research studies are on their way, just need to secure sufficient finances.

I agree man. Now is the time to donate to the PFS foundation. I am in the process of trying to scrap some cash together by selling some stuff. It won’t be much, but for now, it is all I can do.

Our time is NOW!

if everyone on this site donated even a small amount each month it would make a massive difference,i donate every month without fail…

I plan to dig into my savings to make a substantial donation to the foundation but I would like them to be tax exempt before I make the donation.

Can people post and say whether they told Awor they will be participating in the study and whether you will have a brother/cousin participate so we can get a sense of how many people are volunteering. Its becoming increasingly clear to the scientific community what has happened to us thanks to the studies. This coming US study is going to be a major step forward in terms of finding possible treatments and further understanding which genes are deregulated.

I will participate, but unfortunately can’t provide a control. Who else?

i will particpate in the study for sure, and i am trying to scrap together some cash for airfare and hotel for when this time comes

i will speak with my cousins when i have more details, and i will pray at least one is willing to participate, but i cannot give an honest answer about this as of yet, sorry

Its ok. Lets say so far we have

study participants with controls: 0

study participants without controls: 2

i will try man, i really will, it depends on the location somewhat i am sure, but if they are willing to participate, i will do what i can do cover their airfare and hotel too, all that crap, just gotta do the best we can

Just made my first donation to PFS foundation today, even though I’m still unemployed. Lost a six figure job in 2010 thanks to Propecia. But the job is nothing compared to the suffering it has caused.
Anyhow, I want to participate in any USA studies. Are all studies being organized by PFS foundation or are there other efforts underway separate from them? I’ll do just about anything to get rid of this evil drug. The FDA should be listed as a co-conspirator and sued along with Merck. I can’t believe they still allow this drug to be sold, even today.! It’s ludicrous!~

This drug has even changed my personality. I used to be a fun loving, jokester, prankster, smiling too much, thrill seeker.
Now, I’m the grumpy old man that only has negative things to say or point out. I’m angry about something each and every day. It’s like my old self has left the building and some evil demon has taken over, bent on ruining what’s left.

The researchers still need another 60K for the next study to begin so everyone here, please donate as much as you can.

the researchers announced this? can you please post a link? thank you

I was told by the organizer that they need at least another 60K for them to start the project. However, the studies will cost high end of six figures. There is no link showing this. It doesn’t matter either. Just know that to get out of this mess we’re going to need to donate a lot. That or listen to more bizarre theories like the new one from backfromhell.

my question was a fair question… i am well aware that we need to focus on the foundation and make donations and participate in research … is this organizer you are speaking with willing to make a statement to us with some details so we can what is going on, or can you provide their contact information so that we may speak to them?

again, you made a statement, and i asked a very fair question, that is all

degreene is correct and no further explanation is needed. Point is funding is always going to be an issue. Still 99% of the guys here will continue to waste their resources on things like trips to Kos, stem cell treatments and other things with no basis in science. Most of them don’t even have a basic understanding of what we are up against. Talking to them is pointless, they don’t have the ability to understand. That might sound harsh but that’s an honest assessment of what’s going on.

it is fairly obvious that the pfs foundation is the way to go, anyone who does not see that is whacked out of their mind, plain and simple

again, my question to dgreene was more than fair

And how much have you wasted on “Pfs” doctors or how much has been wasted when you were constantly advising people to see the "Pfs doctors.
Please stop calling the kettle black.

I’d count you tops among those without a clue. Really it’s amazing you’ve been allowed to post here this long as you’ve contributed absolutely nothing in the years you’ve been on the board other than aruging and acting like a complete ass about things which you know nothing about. Going to the docs a few times is a far cry blowing $10K-20K on nonsense treatments while donations to actual research continue to be nil. Even you might be able grasp that. Further, I’m certain I’ve already donated far more to foudation than you will ever. Keep your idiotic remarks to yourself or do everyone a favor and leave this board.

Wow must have hit a nerve.