Urologist Questions?

I’m going to a new Urologist today. While I doubt anything useful will come out of it, I’m going to ask for the typical tests and a High Sensitivity Estrogen test I saw mentioned in another thread. Is there anything else anyone can recommend I ask for?

For what it’s worth, I’m seeing Dr. Nadelson in New York. His reviews were very good, and he’s under my insurance. I’m also scheduling an endocrinologist appointment, and will ask for every test they can do. Something has to be detectable.

Any advice on what to ask of either of these doctors would be appreciated.

I don’t have much guidance on bloodwork I only ever have low fsh but please let us know how the doctors are. They’re all shit here in Austin age I wouldn’t mind making a trip to see someone competent

1 Like

Looking at your member story, ask the urologist why x and y have happened between your legs.

Get it documented. Anything physical that they can find.

Wrt: endocrinologist, I’m not sure that anything can be done, what are you hoping for from the meeting?

Passing on what someone else said, if you can get these things done then go for it:

T total and free
DHT
3 alpha-androstanediol glucuronide (3 alpha-Adiol-G)

2 Likes

Idk, but you may ask the downregulated receptor theory we have here, and if this new high dose Proviron protocol can reverse it in theory. It would be nice to hear a doctors comment on that regard. Also for the many members who try it recently, good luck.

3 Likes

Isn’t proviron supposed to balance hormones ? as long as i know it doesn’t affect the androgen receptors but it’ll be interesting if used in combination with tribulus ( the bulgarian one )

I went to a urologist and an endocrinologist. I only described my symptoms in detail. I didn’t (yet) mention finasteride, so I wouldn’t taint their thinking. Let’s see what their extensive (and expensive) lab results show. The labs were taken a day apart.

The urologist also wants to perform an expensive test, to determine if the veins are functioning well. That’s next week.

3 Likes

So I received some lab tests, with some to be retaken.

Estrogen measured at 141 pg/mL. That seems really high based on some google searches. Curious what other fellow PFS’ers measure at.

While I waited my follow up with both the urologist and endocrinologist, I decided to see another highly rated endocrinologist who specializes in holistic health, meaning they look at everything. I thought with this one, I’ll be candid and let her know my symptoms and about the finasteride. After all, she’s in New York and must have seen everything.

That turned out to be a big mistake. Within 3 minutes, she was telling me because my testosterone and free testosterone numbers (which I had with me and were 400/75) are normal for my age, that it’s in my head and she suggests an antidepressant. If that doesn’t depress a person, I don’t know what does. I was going to walk out, but it was an expensive appointment, and I’d have to pay for it anyway.

My advice to everyone is to accurately describe your symptoms to any new doctors. Don’t share anything about finasteride unless you’re asked about it. And even then, act surprised.

I’m many many years and thousands of dollars into doctors and labs with nothing to show for it yet. I fully understand why people take things into their own hands. As for me, I’m going to continue down the same path as I have been, and now looking for a doctor who’ll prescribe hCG, but that’s another thread…

1 Like

What are your symptoms man.

This condition is such bullshit.

1 Like

Symptoms? Typical PFS conditions. ED, watery semen, no pleasure whatsoever, no arousal, no desire, loss of facial body fat, loss off fat on the palms of my hands, complete stoppage of hair failing out, breast feminization, shrunken testicles and penis, body fat accumulation around hips and waist. Inability to build and keep muscle, change in voice, dry eyes, loss of motivation, and now, despise of some in the “practice” of medicine.

How long did you take finasteride for? That’s a long list man.
I suffer with shrunken flaccid

1 Like

I started sensing sides within days of the first pills and foolishly continued another week. It’s been 12 years and very little has changed since.

And, to add to the list above, I honestly forgot to mention the memory issues.