Update on the BBC, the MHRA ,a journalist and raising awareness

Apologies for not being able to find my original thread, but as follows.

For those who volunteered to speak to the BBC,
I’ve receied an update and have been informed the investigative team are working on this and progress continues no timeline given.

I’ve been sending the MHRA regular compelling e mails with updates on the development of scientific, medical papers, articles patient numbers
and stories continually asking them to reconsider their position. @infinite has also wrote to them regularly. We’ve both recently recieved email responses advising that they have taken the decision to conduct a review into finasteride. After a quarter of a century of doing next to nothing this feels huge and could actually be indicative that things are about to change. The number of concerns raised in recent times has been the reason. So thank you to all who made the effort. Thank you to @Greek for his input when pulling the mails together and to @Scotsman for his encouragement to contine when its felt like ive been flogging a dead horse… Theyve asked for input from the UK comnunity when they start the review. It will be imperative that all sufferers play their part in the consultation to ensure no stone is left unturned. This is a one off opportunity so we must make it count. So thank you to everyone in advance. I believe infinite may come out with the ask.

On the back of the MHRAs decision I’ve taken the initiative to engage with a National newspaper and they’ve agreed to run an exclusive. Having a publication on the MHRAs intentions hopefully with the inclusion of the true factual extent of this disease will hopefully force their hand into doing something. As a minimum following France but hopefully with maximum effort well get more.

I’ve also informed the BBC of mhras decision which will hopefully add momentum to their work.

As others have rightly said it feels like 2023 could be the year there is a lots of exciting initiatives coming to fruition. Never give up hope everyone has a part to play there isreason for optimism

Apologies my written skills aren’t what they were.

Regards

Laz.

NB Everyone should chase down the regulatory authorities in their own country. They have have international meetings when statistics , emerging evidence etc is discussed. We could see a knock on effect, people speaking up and at least registering their symptoms is paramount to further the cause. What ive set out above proves the point that it is NOT a waste of time. .

13 Likes

Well said Laz. I would hope at a minimum they match the ANSM’s label change/black box warning. We’ll obviously push for more. Once again if you live in the UK and haven’t yet reported your symptoms - please do!

3 Likes

And thanks for your work @infinite.

1 Like

You are one of the most engaged fighters of us all!
I hope you have success for all the innocent young boys in the UK who are protected than from doing the same fatal mistake then we did through a black box warning on the package.

Hope hims, keeps and my spring will not undergo it in France and hopefully next warned nation the UK by shipping proscar and propecia from another country. Merck is a hydra, if you cut one head, ten others grow next. It’s a permanent fight.

I wrote you a pm.

1 Like

Thanks for the words of support @Exsexgod you’re a good man, I always relate to your posts my friend

Great work Ryan!

2 Likes

Well done Ryan, you know how much I support you in this fight. I hope, at the very least, that the MHRA will follow the ANSM and the work we have started here.

4 Likes