Update. Making massive progress to recovery. Fried Nervous System. Extremely low tolerance to stress. Anxiety

Hi everyone,
I have not been on this forum for 9 months I believe and I want to give an update.

I have made massive recovery with my androgen levels, bloods below:
TT: 32.3 nmol/L (9.5-35.0)
SHBG: 46 nmol/L (10-70)
FT: 601.2 pmol/L (260-750)
LH: 5
FSH: 7
DHT: 2.1 nmol/L (0.4-2.5)
I was hypogonadal for 15 months between Oct 2018 to Jan 2020 with Free Testosterone between 100 and 250pmol/L.

How I recovered was by following Health Recovery on YouTube, he gives advice for Adrenal Fatigue, CFS, ME, Lyme, etc… I highly recommend his YouTube channel for PFS sufferers it is working wonders for me.

My erections are full and strong. Libido is still non existent however. I had one day last month where my sexual desire was kind of there and I was able to masterbate twice in one day, which is huge for me as usually my refractory period is like a week long.

I am still dealing with cognitive issues, brainfog, difficulty concentrating, dissociation. Balls are also still severely atrophied. My hair loss has also accelerated recently, no doubt due to the increase in androgens - I don’t give a fuck, I just want to feel healthy again.

One thing I want to ask the community here is whether the following is a common symptom of PFS. My nervous system is just totally fried and tolerance to stress is non existent. I can’t talk to someone or even look at a computer screen for more than 10minutes without my sympathetic nervous system ramping up to the max. It’s crazy, just writing this post I just feel completely fried. I can’t exercise, I couldn’t imagine working it would just ruin me. The only way I was able to recover my androgens was overriding the sympathetic nervous system dominance through constant parasympathetic nervous system activation, day after day month after month. I am practically a hermit and spend my days at home meditating and doing relaxation exercises.

I am trying psychiatric medication out of desperation to reduce sympathetic nervous system and amygdala activation. Someone please talk me out of this and If anyone has some suggestions on a natural approach I would highly appreciate it.

Lastly, I have been reading through my old posts here and I am embarrassed, it’s crazy the things you do, believe and say when you are in that desperate stressed mindset.

Also I will look at doing the survey some time this week.

I would highly appreciate any thoughts or feedback on my situation. Thanks

2 Likes

Perhaps very slow, gentle, consistent, graded exercise could help Improve my window of tolerance naturally.

Apparently this is very common with PTSD and trauma (both of which I have due to PFS).

Just been listening to the video below, and well fuck, all of my symptoms can be explained by allopregnanolone deficiency, allopregnanolone is important in regulating GABA which manages stress & anxiety (I feel my body is stuck in a constant state of stress), important in the metabolism of cortisol (mine is extremely high), and sexual drive / libido (mine is extremely low). I thought I had adrenal fatigue because I was in that stressed, wired state, but fuck this explains what im experiencing perfectly.

Can someone please give me some advice on how I should move forward, it would be highly appreciated

I am in a same boat as you. My anxiety went through the roof when I was on finasteride. It’s a symptom for many and it’s even listed in the leaflet.

1 Like

Can summarize what this video suggests doing?

1 Like

可以总结一下吗,无法看视频

Very high level summary:

• primal / carnivore based diet was recommended,
  • Gamma-hydroxybutyrate supplementation Was recommended to increase allopregnanolone in the brain, finasteride not only inhibits 5ar of testosterone->DHT, but also progesterone-> allopregnanolone. They state allopregnanolone is important for the regulation of GABA which modulates stress and anxiety, and promotes relaxation. allopregnanolone is also important in the metabolism of cortisol. I have also seen other references that state that allopregnanolone is very important in sexual drive and libido.
  • Sodium butyrate was also recommended as finasteride has been shown to significantly alter the gut microbiome and destroy species of bacteria that are important in producing butyrate a SCFA that acts as a HDAC inhibitor. Butyrate supplementation was recommended to help reverse any epigenetic damage via de-methylation on Androgen Receptors.
  • They also recommend to reduce inflammation as much as possible, especially inflammation in the brain. I imagine this could be achieved through fish oil and curcumin supplementation.

Note: Gamma-hydroxybutyrate is illegal and can be lethal if not dosed correctly. I am not recommending anyone to take this I am just relaying the information conveyed in that YouTube video. Also be very careful with sodium butyrate supplementation, I have just done some research on this forum and found people who have gotten significantly worse after supplementing with sodium butyrate. In my opinion a better option would be to get it from food (like butter) and feed the microbes that produce butyrate with via consuming resistant starches like cold potatoes.

1 Like

My question to the community here is, if allopregnanolone deficiency in PFS sufferers is causing these issues, why don’t healthy people taking dutasteride for example experience the same symptoms of allopregnanolone deficiency? I do recognise that PFS is much more complicated than that, but I’m still curious why this is the case.

I think I will come off the Psychiatric drugs. If pills are what fucked me up in the first place, why am I turning to pills for a quick fix - crazy the mindset we get into when we are stressed & desperate.

Anyone who’s interested in how I recovered my androgen levels, this is the advice I followed in written format. I highly recommend watching Health Recovery on YouTube his advice has really been amazing in my recovery journey from PFS. I took no supplements, it was purely down to diet & lifestyle + time.

www.healthrecovery.blog

1 Like

How long until your androgen levels recovered?

Took me 2 years. However, for the first 12 months I was under severe stress and in an extreme state of fight-or-flight, I was not sleeping properly, and was just a complete mess. Once I eliminated all stress, overhauled my lifestyle and implemented everything Health Recovery talks about, I would say it took me 6-9 months.

Ok. Thanks for the response.
I will check out your links in the coming days when I’m not busy with work.

Check out my other thread here. Apologise I did not mean to make duplicate threads, I just forgot I had made the other one, it was like a year ago. Good luck and best wishes with your recovery. Stay strong and never give up.

I have the same Symptomes 5min look in the Monitor and read a Artikel my Brain get heavy
loud-Tinnitus ,BrainFog … i am sure that is all Histamin…

and P.s
Cortisol is to Low and than Histamin Problems ,the Brain get full Power from
Histamin and inflammed Cells… i become Pain right and left sides the adrenals
than so heavy Crash… Day for Day 10 long Years…