Upcoming research at The Institute for Human Genetics has been fully funded

Followed @Capello’s lead and donated another 100 in addition to my monthly reoccurring contribution. Thanks for your hard work PFS Network!

8 Likes

I have been signed up for a monthly 50 euro charge to the PFS network for three months now.

10 Likes

How do you turn off recurring donations?

2 Likes

You’ll need to cancel your order on the PFSN website.

People are dying but we still struggle with the bureaucuracy wth, we are starting our hope!

2 Likes

I went to donate and signed in to my pfsnetwork account and it wants you to donate more but I don’t see anything about turning off recurring donations…

1 Like

I’ve done it on your behalf now.

I personally promise to raise another 5000 euros for this year’s donation activities, and I will pay it in a lump sum at the end of the year. I will think about how to pay cross-border.

(keep this post to encourage me to work hard to fulfill my promise,To be honest, it’s really not easy for everyone to make money,For the vertical Rooster(cock)!)

16 Likes

Are the researchers discussing possible therapy? Do they have a means to treat patients? How many more studies do they think they need until they can provide any treatment? I’m just asking as someone who got sick when the studies in Italy started 11 years ago, participated in the Harvard study, and still waiting 11 years for some hope.

It’s nonsense that victimized patients have to fund research. The drug and supplement companies and their ilk should be funding it. Outrageous!

11 Likes

Not at this stage. This study, and conceivably, studies that build on its results, will not be aimed at identifying possible therapies. To do that, we need a therapeutic target first, and that is where all our research energy and resources will be focused.

Not at this stage, no.

It’s impossible to say, and we do not want to make promises we cannot keep. On our recent webinar we spoke about possible research timelines if more capital were available, and really our focus as a community should be on supporting world-class researchers with a genuine interest in the condition, and the appropriate skills to investigate. That’s not a combination we’ve ever had at our disposal before.

Bottom line is this: we have some of the best scientists in their fields ready to help us find answers. How quickly we find those answers - and ultimately, treatments - is up to our community.

6 Likes

This is very encouraging. Do you think their contribution can turn the tide in the medical community and maybe spark new research interest independently of the network’s efforts?

Yes, absolutely.

Normally research starts with a clinical picture, and clinicians documenting patient experiences, which is documented in medical literature and sparks interest from others.

Sadly, given the many factors that have worked against us in the clinical setting, that obviously isn’t happening. We’re working backwards through basic scientific investigation to provide results.

One massive benefit of identifying driving pathomechanisms involved, which we discussed on the webinar, is acceptance and recognition. This is often overlooked by patients, but it’s really a significant milestone and bridge to possible treatments.

Once we can definitively prove finasteride is causing this rare and sometimes catastrophic disease, it opens up significant funding opportunities for further research (e.g. grant funding, legal compensation), but also acceptance in the clinical setting, which sparks further interest from researchers, etc. It has such a huge roll-on effect.

That’s why all our energy is focused on identifying those mechanisms first. Everything we do needs to be focused, accurately informed and led by experts. That’s how we get at the heart of this problem the fastest.

9 Likes

It is insane how much we have to fight just to get recognition.

Now that I think of it, maybe it isn’t. Recognition of iatrogenic disease implies culpability. How would thousands of doctors reconcile the fact that they sent people to hell (or chose to leave them there) with their hippocratic oath…

I’m deeply grateful for the work the team has done. I hope you are holding up.

7 Likes

What has been done with the money raised so far?

It’s currently sitting in our bank account until we make payment to the research institution once sample collection is complete.

2 Likes

I think we’re a ways from that. But once research can prove a causal link between Finasteride and PFS, I’d imagine insurance would cover treatment.

That being said, the best thing we can do right now is contribute to PFSN so that we can support the researchers who are interested in helping us.

1 Like

I don’t think we should presume how long it’s all going to take, as we simply don’t know. Personally, I’m more optimistic on the timeframe.

But all we know with any certainty is that the more money we raise, and the faster we raise it — the faster we’ll have answers to these questions and access to treatment options.

Fundraising and awareness should really be our sole focus right now.

5 Likes

Maybe the younger generation will see a cure in time to enjoy life again. Pray it is so!

But for us oldies, @Exsexgod @Akiyah and myself, et al, this PFS is literally a death sentence. The only question? Death on nature’s schedule, or our own?

Effin’ Big Pharma! Jim

1 Like

Is there any connection between PFS and Ostarine? I tried to search the forum about this, but did not find anything specific.

1 Like