Unable to get drunk since Accutane

Has anyone not been able to get drunk months after stopping Accutane? Am 18 and need to know, getting drunk was the only fun I had left.

1 Like

Do you mean you don’t feel the good feeling after or drinking or if you take 10 shots you literally feel nothing?

I feel same alcohol doesen’t make me drunk as before? why could it be?

The same good feeling, I feel drunk when i walk around or close my eyes but not wasted like before.

has to do with the 5A-Inhibiters and what not. We will find a solution.

Are you suffering from post accutane syndrome?

no I’ve been using finas for 14 months and now 12 months off drug.

Not experiencing the “buzz” from alcohol is a typical symptom of this condition. The fact that it is experienced by users who took Finasteride, Isotretinoin (Accutane) and Anti-depressants is another hint that this is one condition that can be triggered by different substances.

does it related GABA or?

Our results demonstrate that AAI (acute alcohol intoxication) significantly increases serum progesterone and allopregnanolone levels in both follicular and luteal phases of the ovarian cycle. Since alcohol and allopregnanolone positively modulate gamma-aminobutyric acid type A (GABAA) receptors, allopregnanolone may play a major role in the anxiolytic and rewarding effects of alcohol, either directly or by influencing the sensitivity of GABAA-receptors to alcohol.

https://www.nature.com/articles/1300170

We know from a study that Allopregnanolone levels are significantly decreased in some PFS patients. This may be a reason that the buzz from alcohol is not experienced.

But I wouldn’t deduce too much from it in terms of underlying mechanism and potential treatments. All we have are small bits and pieces of evidence. But this is clearly a typical symptom of this condition and one, which our survey shows, is reported at a fairly similar rate across substance classes by people who took Finasteride, Isotretinoin or antidepressants.

2 Likes

I get drunk far too easier after accutane.

Do you ever get drunk? Like some attempts are better than others?

Anyone think it could be anxiety those few times because last night I drank and felt pretty buzzed.

Not as pre pfs