UK Side Effect Reporting - insomnia

Hello all,

I’m writing this in support of @LazarusRy.

He’s had a long running back and forth the MHRA here in the UK regarding the labelling and ultimately acceptance of the validity of our complaints about the side effects from finasteride use.

The gist is this, despite being dismissed repeatedly, Laz has continued to push against the organisation and has their attention and is now in conversation. This is a great achievement.

Unfortunately, the nature of these things is that government agencies will not repeatedly deal with the same complaint. We have to make the most of every opportunity. This is an opportunity.

If you have ever thought that the manufacturers of the drug that made your life worse should be held to account, if you think you ought to be compensated for the suffering you’ve endured, this is important.

At this point the MHRA are saying that barely any finasteride users have said they were left with impaired sleep. As this is one of the most common symptoms we are aware of here, this seems wrong.

If you are in the UK and have not yet submitted an adverse reaction report yet, do so, it won’t take long. Here’s the link:

10 Likes

Greet post and thanks for your support once again @Greek. No one should under estimate the importance of reporting each and every side. To note you can input/submit them anonymously and ,on behalf of someone else, you dont even need a name. I’ve reported more of my symptoms this morning. (It took minutes) we are shooting ourselves in the foot by not making the most of this.

2 Likes

Can you also submit it, if you are not in the UK?

You’ll have your own regulatory authority, BUT there’s nothing to stop u, no mandatory fields. Please DO

1 Like

Insomnia was the main side effect I had while I was on fin which I didn’t even know was down to the drug until I found it listed as a side effect online 2 years after I start using it.

It took me years to recover my sleep after I came off fin and I’m still not 100%.

Did u report it @Mark2012

1 Like

Yes but I don’t think it will go anywhere.

1 Like

Good man.

2 Likes