Tucker Carlson briefly mentions PSSD on his Monday July 25, 2022 show

See link to the clip below, Tucker briefly mentions a 2020 BMJ study on PSSD from 7:10 to 7:25:

5 Likes

Netherlands did such a favour to the PSSD community.
What a change it does a simple recognition.
Now it starts to appear in German guideline reference books

2 Likes

To think I’d find myself agreeing with fox news. Ah well too late now

2 Likes

Tucker Carlson is a boss

2 Likes

Here’s a link that has the written transcript of Tucker Carlson’s remarks. I copied an pasted the PSSD mention below, but his whole monologue was a good indictment of the pharmaceutical industry.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-drugs-not-answer-every-human-problem

In 2015, researchers from the scientific journal BMJ found that, “Some birth defects occur 2 to 3.5 times more frequently” a lot more frequently, “among the infants of women treated with (SSRIs) early in pregnancy.” Wow. That’s a huge problem ignored.

In the same journal in 2020, researchers found that “post-SSRI sexual dysfunction is underrecognized and can be debilitating both psychologically and physically.” Well, that’s kind of a problem, too. If it steals your sex drive, maybe it’s stealing your soul. No, ignore it. Only cult members care.

And this left-wing leaning website Media Matters immediately makes fun of Tucker Carlson for talking about PSSD and saying that it steals your soul. We should use this as an opportunity to comment and spread awareness about our conditions.

1 Like

Maybe avoid language like ‘stealing your soul’. Unfortunately anything reported by news pundits is going to get burned up in today’s heated political climate. And Tom Cruise did us no favors by linking psych med skepticism to Scientology.

2 Likes

Hey guys, before anyone else jumps in and knee-jerk responds to this.

Let’s not turn conversations into political left versus right debates, because those never really go anywhere except lots of blaming and pointing fingers and throwing spiteful one-liners at “the other”.

Pharmaceutical companies have largely gotten away with impunity whenever scandals happened, regardless of whether there was a left or right leaning politician behind the steering wheel.

Whatever our own ideals and political leanings are, let’s acknowledge that there are good folks on either of these political ends, whatever their other ideals may be, who recognize the fact that a bunch of drugs aren’t as safe as advertised and are advocates for change.

Simultaneously there are also people on either ends of these political spectrums, who for whatever reasons would promote misinformation, as we’ve unfortunately seen many times.

It’s good to see a very influential person call out injustice and dubious situations and emphasize the need for change and raise awareness.

5 Likes

If you go on this link and look at the bottom left, you can contact the show. I’m sure they will getting a ton of messages from people harmed by drugs, but it’s worth a shot. You have to put a US state where you’re from. I’m not sure if non-Americans can make up a state and city, but it’s worth a shot.

Actually “stealing your soul” is not a bad expression, if it’s said metaphorically.

This is another website that ran a story about Tucker’s Monday show and it has over 1,000 comments so far.

1 Like

This article was from 8 hours ago. People are still commenting. The author mischaracterizes Tucker Carlson’s comments about Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD). Here is what she says below:

"Carlson latched on to a common side effect of SSRIs to bolster his argument that people should abruptly stop taking a potentially lifesaving, mood-altering drug: “If it steals your sex drive, maybe it’s stealing your soul,” Carlson said. "

She includes this link to a Harvard Health article about the common sexual side effects of antidepressants.

Near the bottom of the article there is a link to suggest a correction. You can also email the author at liz.skalka@huffpost.com. I did both things, hopefully others can as well.

Done.

So the article makes the following correction but won’t mention that Tucker was actually referring to a 2020 bmj editorial about Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD) and not the common side effect in the Harvard Health article.

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this article misstated the research institute behind the serotonin study. It is University College London, not the University of London.