Tressless criticizing PFS patients

Decided to do some digging on tressless posts on propeciahelp and look what I found, even saw the poster mention my story as well. Just to keep a heads up these guys are looking through our posts and are in complete denial that these drugs are dangerous. I feel like when they look on this forum and take the drug it makes them feel better knowing they don’t have any issues while using it… At least for now.
Just wanted to make a heads up be careful what you post here those clowns on Reddit will do anything to discredit us.

3 Likes

If those so called educated doctors are not believing this disease, how can we expect it to be believed by some loons here and there. Fuck them. Everybody a gangsta untill they get pfs themselves. Also, people will never be aware or consider this disease seriously becoz all they know is this disease is a “boner killer”, nothing else. I guess many people here on propeciahelp itself has claimed it to be just some “boner killer” male reproductive system damage rather than a serious life altering condition, so let it be.

I read some article quotting “an antibaldness drug can ruin a man’s love life”… that’s it!! Is it only limited to ruin a man’s “love life” ?

6 Likes

When court documents show that Merck has long had knowledge of persistent side effects of finasteride, it takes some seriously delusional thinking to deny them.

I stumble onto discussions of PFS on tressless from time to time and noticed a trend of acceptance of PFS in recent years from the majority of posters there. Not that they generally acknowledge the prevalence, breadth, or severity of the condition, but the blanket denialism isn’t nearly as heavy as in the past.

4 Likes

The sad thing is I see lots of guys on tressless complaining about finasteride giving them problems and they’re comments get down voted and they get made fun of. But yeah I also do notice some of the guys on there believe it but still take the risk.

1 Like

If only there was a pill guaranteed to inflict PFS in one dose…

Like @anon74895881 said

2 Likes

To be fair he didn’t deny it, but criticized what i might call „Things that are meant to be kept for oneself“…If i got better after eating a tomato, why the hell should i run and type it down here…PPl taking a shower and getting worse after 5 minutes and running over here to warn about it…
The problem is in my opinion, no one seems to understand that this disease as ALL OTHER DISEASES has its fluctuations and the fluctuations of PFS are really fast to happen…From suicidal to content to masturbating 4 times with acceptable orgasms and complete and utter impotence…Anyways Its my humble opinion

2 Likes

True. It seems being stuck in this state leads a person to do and say some nutty things and that makes easy ammunition for those who benefit from questioning our sanity.

…The “potato protocol” as a cure for PFS comes to mind now for some reason. Also, the “butter therapy” that came a few months later.

3 Likes

I’ve said this a million times, but if you can’t or won’t do anything to anything to stop doing this kind of thing, you’re really best off setting your focus on other things. If you keep seeking out instances where people are dismissing you or insulting you, its only going to make you unhappy / angry / stressed which negatively impacts your health and may make your already vulnerable system even worth.

Sometimes guys get angry, lash out at these Reddit communities, are ineffective, and it reflects poorly on the entire community. They effectively discredit themselves and everybody else here. I know a doctor, who admittedly was emotionally unskilled, and actually became anti-PFS after seeing so many disgruntled and emotionally disturbed patients.

I’m not saying you aren’t right or it is not understandable to be angry / upset / frustrated, but I would strongly encourage you to learn how to deal with that so you don’t make things even worse for yourself.

Keep in mind, this is just one dude on Reddit. There will literally be thousands more where he came from. This is just reality, but you can just to make the most of your reality even if its not exactly what you want. I’d rather have a challenging life then an unbearable one and it is your choice to work towards a relatively better outcome.

3 Likes

Don’t let things like this get to you.

The longer we go without accomplishing anything except sitting and complaining, the more they will inevitably laugh at us. If you look at us, we don’t actually do anything. If we aren’t hypochondriacs then we should act like it by doing everything we can to promote research. I don’t blame anyone at all for thinking we’re nuts.

2 Likes

The title of that post is true in the literal sense, at least :stuck_out_tongue: .

2 Likes

Man I was just browsing Tressless not long ago, the amount of confirmation bias, ignorance and blatant narcissism made me feel ill. People getting criticized and made fun of for even questioning whether PFS exists. It’s all nocebo and mental illness according to them, until you get PFS yourself. I won’t wish PFS upon anyone, not even my worst enemy, but I just wish there was some more compassion and empathy. I personally will be avoiding places like Tressless - it’s not good for my mental health at all. Like @Frustrated stated, best to focus your energy onto positive things you can do in your life and attacking these people only makes us look worse.

I hope everyone is doing OK, keep your head high and stay positive.

3 Likes