Treatment with Allo through new medication

Hello everyone
The following study, “Gut Inflammation Induced by Finasteride Withdrawal: Therapeutic Effect of Allopregnanolone in Adult Male Rats”, found that withdrawal of finasteride induced intestinal inflammation in adult male rats and that treatment with allopregnanolone (ALLO) was able to to counteract some of these changes.

[Biomolecules | Free Full-Text | Gut Inflammation Induced by Finasteride Withdrawal: Therapeutic Effect of Allopregnanolone in Adult Male Rats (mdpi.com)](https://Biomolecules | Free Full-Text | Gut Inflammation Induced by Finasteride Withdrawal: Therapeutic Effect of Allopregnanolone in Adult Male Rats (mdpi.com))

Additionally, I came across a website that may suggest a new treatment for post-finasteride syndrome: See below:
https://neuroendocrinology.org/a-potentially-new-treatment-for-post-finasteride-syndrome/

Furthermore, a drug called ZURZUVAE was recently launched, which is an oral drug that modulates the GABA-A receptor and thereby increases Allo

https://investors.biogen.com/news-releases/news-release-details/fda-approves-zurzuvaetm-zuranolone-first-and-only-oral-treatment

I am very interested in your opinions on this topic and especially your opinion regarding treatment with Allopregnanolone or Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA)

My recent gut analysis revealed inflammation, so I’m looking for possible treatment options.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this topic and am open to any discussions or recommendations you may have.

A potentially new treatment for post-finasteride syndrome

March 2, 2022 Post-finasteride Syndrome
It is known that post-finasteride syndrome (PFS) patients suffer from treatment-resistant depression and anxiety. Researchers have found low levels of neurosteroids, including allopregnanolone, in the cerebrospinal fluid of post-finasteride syndrome patients.

Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) is a substance naturally produced in many cell types in our bodies, including in very high concentrations in our brains. Over 60 years ago PEA was found in egg yolks and peanuts and determined to have anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective and analgesic properties.

By the mid-1990’s PEA’s mechanism of action was discovered and linked to its ability to induce the brain biosynthesis of neuroactive steroid hormones, including allopregnanolone. In mouse models PEA increased brain allopregnanolone levels and reduced anxiety-like and depression-like behaviors. This improvement was blocked by finasteride, which blocks the synthesis of allopregnanolone.

PEA molecule
Photo courtesy of ResearchGate.net
It appears promising that treatment with PEA, by increasing allopregnanolone levels in PFS patients’ brains, could improve mood and reduce anxiety. PEA has been studied in 40 clinical trials involving 6000 subjects over the years and has shown a quite favorable risk/benefit ratio.

Doses have ranged between 1200mg and 3600mg per day without significant side effects. 30 mg/kg doses have been studied in children.

In the near future oral allopregnanolone analogs will be available to use in attempting to treat PFS patients. In the mean time ultra-micronized PEA can be obtained from Amazon for a reasonable cost.

3 Likes

即便这不是答案,也希望能带来一些缓解,帮助我们更好地找到这一切的真相

i like these findings.