Treating Sebhorreic Dermatitis without blocking DHT

Hi. I’m dealing with sebhorreic dermatitis. It was mild at first but now is worse. I think is a part of my partial recovery. As I said in my previous post about PRP for hairloss (still pending) things got better months ago. My hair loss is now progressing again and seborrea due to malassezia is really bothersome (itching and redness 24/7).

I find that everthing to fix the problem inhibits DHT and Alpha reductase, even Aloe Vera and natural remedies, as I read. I refuse to use Ketoconazol shampoo and similar stuff.

Are there any alternatives?

Thanks.

1 Like

Aloe Vera is a dht inhibitor?

I found this: “Aloe Vera contains linoleic acid and phytosterols, which are potent inhibitors of 5α-reductase. Thus, it reduces the formation of DHT molecules in your scalp. Also, aloe vera treats your scalp conditions like itching, dry hair…”

Everything is about DHT. But I dont want to experience a setback in the sexual sphere.

Oh man in that sense everything in this world is a 5 alpha reductase inhibibitor other than water

I think yoghurt on scalp is very good at removing dandruff, u could give it a try !

Thanks. I find that Yoghurt has some antifungal action. I stop reading, I will find its a 5Ar blocker. Haha.

2 Likes

No i eat yoghurt everyday, i never had any negative reaction to it, seems pretty safe. As for food, just avoid soy, gluten and sugar for everything and u are fine. Some foods do crash me a bit but just for an hour, u can learn from it and avoid it later.