Treating Anxiety Safely and Effectively without Drugs

There is an excellent post on treating anxiety on the Longecity forum, the author is called ScienceGuy who is a nutritional scientist.

His post is 75 pages long. I have put this into a word file for you to download at the bottom of this page if needed.

He does list one or two drugs but it’s mostly items you can buy over the counter.

ARTICLE SOURCE: longecity.org/forum/topic/54 … fectively/

AUTHOR: ScienceGuy Profile Page longecity.org/forum/user/22345-scienceguy/

ScienceGuy is based in the UK
Treating Anxiety Safely.doc (233 KB)

This is exactly what I was looking for! I will read the entire thing, wonderful post, thank you!

I just bought some very pure high end L-theanine and Bacopa Monnieri from a website called nootropicsdepot.com. Seems like a high end place to get nootropics if anybody else is planning on getting stuff off this list. According to the link in this post L-theanine (from green tea) increases gaba production, and upon googling, I was not able to find anyone who developed a tolerance to it. The other one has been shown to increase gaba receptors, and I also could not find anyone building a tolerance to the stuff.

I am currently of the opinion that my sleep is destroyed because of gaba related issues. If that is the case, these two things should help quite a bit. I will report back if that is the case.

We have this in the UK, just discovered it, looks really good for depression & anxiety…5THP & L-Theanine & Rhodiola Rosea Extract

amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B4T9VUQ/r … 3LHMLU8IY0

Also I intend to try bathing in Epsom Salts and taking iherb.com/Olympian-Labs-Inc- … Caps/23005

Here’s the Bacopa I’ve ordered iherb.com/Himalaya-Herbal-He … plets/3687

Once we get our heads out of prescription meds (figuratively speaking) there’s lots going on.

I will be posting my experiences here too.

For those who would like more information about using 5HTP to treat depression or anxiety see link

5htp5-htp.com/

Andy … any update on the Bacopa?
Please report back.

I’ve been taking Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri) for just over a month and it has def helped my sleep.
Also any anxiety is completely gone.

I have found it to be of great benefit, but it needs to be cycled.
I am taking it one week on, one week off.

Andy

Here is a snippet from the document that you recommended.

The following is a list (in no particular order) of ANXIOLYTICS which are NOT GABA RECEPTOR AGONISTS and/or regarding which there is conclusive substantiated evidence supporting their safety and efficacy in treating ANXIETY:

1. GARUM ARMORICUM (brands: STABILIUM; ADAPTON)

2. MAGNESIUM

3. BACOPA MONNIERI

4. RHODIOLA ROSEA

5. RELORA (MAGNOLIA OFFICINALIS and PHELLODENDRON AMURENSE) (Thank you to AMPA-OMEGA for mentioning this!)

6. THEANINE

7. LOW DOSE NALTREXONE (LDN)

I can definitely recommend the BACOPA MONNIERI.
Might see if i can get some GARUM ARMORICUM too. Never heard of it before.

The most effective treatment I have tried for anxiety is Buteyko Breathing. I did a starter online course at learnbuteykoonline.com/

If you do this course and follow the daily routines you will see big changes in your anxiety and a marked reduction in the use of anxiety related drugs and supplements.

The course is about $250 but then you will save $$$$ long term on supplements and drugs. The best thing is the treatment is natural. Once you beat anxiety your energy levels should improve and so to your quality of life and you’ll find yourself being more active.

I have tried STABILIUM but it did nothing for anxiety and if anything my anxiety seemed to get worse while I was taking it. However, some people find it beneficial so don’t let me negative experience put you off.

Hi,
I work in the mental health and would recommend mindfulness as useful tool in dealing with anxiety. I have seen it work with many people. It will provide you with mechanisms and strategies to deal with the symptoms of anxiety when they occur. Personally, I feel it is a more effective approach when treating dealing with anxiety as medications simply mask the problem.

Just updating this thread. I’m also using the Alpha Stim when necessary to treat anxiety. It’s very simple to use and there’s a range of buying options on the website. You can sometimes pick up cheap devices from ebay. The Alpha Stim can also be used to treat depression.

You can use the device daily in an anxiety treatment program of up to 1 hour. The unit has preset timers of 20,40 or 60mins. It can be used throughout most times of the day.

http://www.themicrocurrentsite.co.uk/buy-online-aid.aspx