Trazodone and Priapism

Has anyone else ever had success with trazodone treating their ED? I’ve been taking it for two years (since well before my PFS symptoms started) for sleep.

Last week I experienced priapism for the first time ever, when waking up in the middle of the night. Of course, my first concern was to make it go away because it is a serious medical concern if it lasts for more than a few hours. I masturbated to completion and my erection was still rock hard for another 15 minutes or so before slowly going away.

I looked into it and I guess trazodone is the leading cause of priapism. After I successfully got rid of my erection, I was really glad that my body was capable of that. I went 7 months unable to get an erection. 3 months ago a semblance of libido came back and I started getting erections again. And experiencing the priapism makes me feel like my recovery has progressed even further, though I definitely need to be careful if I continue to experience priapism.

Please remember that @Trazohell got pssri
symptoms from Trazodone and commited suicude! ? @vkg1 have had neg. experience with Trazodone too. Its listed at the rxisk webside.

I did read @Trazohell’s story a while back.

I was on Trazodone, without issue, for 1 year before I tried fin and got PFS symptoms. I had already been on Trazodone for 1.5 years when I heard Trazohell’s story and that it had caused some people trouble, but at that point I hadn’t had any issues with it myself. Now, 3 months after my PFS symptoms started subsiding, I’m noticing some side effects of the Trazodone that are potentially positive, but it’s notable in that they could be very bad, if left unchecked (priapism is no joke, if it isn’t fixed within a few hours. Left untreated, priapism can cause permanent ED, or worse).

I know that no medication or supplement has been uniformly successful in helping people recover from their PFS symptoms. I am not telling anyone to rush out and get Trazodone, but I am recounting my own experience with it, as I found it interesting, and I’m curious if anyone else has their own experience with it.

If everyone else here has only had negative experiences with Trazodone, I’d also be interested in hearing that.