Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) for PFS

Guys,
I’m just wondering what you may think about TMS. A lot of people here thinks that PFS is neurological in its essence. TMS is a new method to treat neurological conditions, including Partkinson’s… Find below a quote from Wikipedia.

“Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a noninvasive method to cause depolarization or hyperpolarization in the neurons of the brain. TMS uses electromagnetic induction to induce weak electric currents using a rapidly changing magnetic field; this can cause activity in specific or general parts of the brain with minimal discomfort, allowing for study of the brain’s functioning and interconnections. A variant of TMS, repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) has been tested as a treatment tool for various neurological and psychiatric disorders including migraines, strokes, Parkinson’s disease, dystonia, tinnitus and depression.”

Here the link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcrani … timulation

I’m looking here in Brazil and the problem is that is way too expensive. The usual protocol normally is 12-20 sessions per month and you’ve got to pay R$550,00 for each session (around US$230,00).

youtube.com/watch?v=WhM-0ni-exs

Really interesting video. Has anyone tried this?

I just read some more about this topic, and I’m completely supportive of any non chemical treatment, especially as I look to flush everything out, and explore other options. Couldn’t hurt to try for the mental/emotional sides.

Has anyone else heard about it?

could you please synthetize the process?

I tried this and it didn’t help me at all. I felt like someone had really beat the hell out of my brain and I felt dizzy and completely out of it for days afterwards

I did several sessions for several weeks. It was very expensive and insurance didn’t cover it

2 Likes

TMS is one of psychiatry’s less ruinous scams. For a more ruinous scam, try ECT.

1 Like

I tried it and it didn’t help me except with the derealization,“head in a bubble feeling”. Might have been coincidence or something else though. Insurance didn’t cover it either and it was expensive. Not worth it for me.

1 Like

I’d be happy camper if I could get rid of the head in a bubble thing. Going on 1.5 years so I doubt this would help me even with that though.

Anyone tried rTMS recently, especially for those with mental sides?
Im thinking of jumping on it. Plz share

You didn’t read the posts of people who tried it and it didn’t work?

I did some inquiries on this forum and i have seen barely anyone reporting about results…

I spend 4500 bucks and it didn’t do shit
It’s not one of these things where 50% of people doing it have good results

No one has ever benefited from it

I’m getting some sessions soon