Tooth pain and gum recession

I’m hoping someone can offer me some advice.

I’m off finasteride nearly 6 months and showed some signs of recovery (apart from sexual) after 4 months. However, the last 2 months have been horrendous in terms of sore teeth. I went to the dentist 3 months ago and everything was ok-ish then - I didn’t flag anything to her. She did however say that I should see an orthodontist as I’ve had some gum recession. This has got significantly worse in the last 2 months and I’m getting very worried about it, particularly after reading some threads on the forum. I’ve never had any dental problems in my life as I don’t have a sweet tooth.

Can anyone offer some practical advice on anything that helped this problem to stop? Did it go away naturally for anyone after a few months? I will book another appointment with my dentist asap. Thank you.

1 Like

Sorry mate unfortunately after 3 years of recession I’ve had teeth replaced and gum grafts. It continues unabated. I’ve got many symptoms inclusive of this. I have food and supp intolerances which limits my potential upturns/benefits that some get. Its not a hygiene issue as you know. Try collagen supps as these helped multiple symptoms including the gums a few years ago. Take it sparingly to limit a potential crash. The drink seems best.

Thanks for the advice and sorry to hear about your situation - it sounds horrendous and I hope you’re coping. Do you think braces would offer some form of protection against this? I met my dentist late December and have booked another appointment for Thursday.

1 Like

No mate it could also be a lack of zinc and b12 which is prevalent in PFS . Wear a gum shield at night

Thank you

1 Like

@Cant_Hurt_Me how’s the hinges with your mouth, any improvements?

I’m hoping to book a dental appointment in the next couple of months. Someone on this forum recommended fermented butter and cod liver oil. I also read reviews on Amazon and some people said it was a miracle worker in terms of no longer having problems with cavities (people not on fin). For two months, I felt like my teeth were being electrocuted but taking this, say, five times a week and rinsing out my mouth with salt and warmish water every day has done the trick so far. I get the odd sharp pains but as soon as I rinse it with salt and warmish water, it almost goes away immediately. So no more real discomfort thankfully. Just hopefully get a good report from the dentist in a couple of months.

1 Like

Good luck

1 Like

I can feel my gums pulling/receding with the amount of stress I am having. My gums have also receded a lot and for me it is clear where it comes from. The more I concentrate on things like tv, games etc the more tissue in my head becomes stiff and gums start receding. Since I have light sensitivity even light makes my head stiffer so even that is a problem. When I sit in complete darkness I feel my head become more relax and my gum tissue inflammation disappear, this is the best method for me to relax tissue. I think people with pfs have a lot of stiffness in brain tissue and maybe other body tissue like prostate etc. therefore you get chronic inflammation which leads to aging. Maybe for you guys it is the same.

This research suggests that tissue stiffness may initiate an inflammatory loop that leads to chronic inflammation which accelerates biological aging and drives many age-related diseases. https://www.longevity.technology/new-buck-institute-research-is-big-news-for-longevity/

3 Likes