Took topical for one week stopped then for 2 more weeks

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)? Canada

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?) google and Kevin mann

What is your current age, height, weight? 6’

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)? I took saw palmetto and reishi for a month December 2019. Then finasteride topically for 3 weeks totaln

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? 1mg topically phamarcy prepared.

What condition was being treated with the drug? Hair loss

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)? Total 3 seeks

How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug? 33

How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit? 34

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? Col turkey

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects? 2 weeks

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation? Gyno did not resolve

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[x ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[x ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[x ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ x] Other (please explain) vitligo

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
None

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)? N/a

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Guys fuck. I listened to youtube and took finasteride. That was late January 2020. I took Rogaine as well both topically. Guess what? Within weeks I got gyno itching nipples. That’s not the only thing. I had a small spot of vitiligo when I was young on my scrotum it was almost gone. Somehow finasteride triggered it and it became bigger and whiter. I read research about it triggering autoimmune. Stopped but still have man boobs. I workout and extremely fit and healthy but started getting stomach pain. I stopped February second week of 2020. As of last Monday may 24th my dick is completely not working like its numb and turtles up. I have a gf but can’t get anything going.this is close to 3 month after finasteride. Is that even possible??? I did start using an antibacterial soap containing triclosan that’s the only other variable.
Please help me

1 Like

did you make the topical fin yourself, if so at what %?
have you used it everday?
what symptoms do you have?

I think nothing is impossible with fin, since most people gain new symptoms over time…
You think your off the hook and before you know it hits you with some more symptoms months later!

No pharmacist made the topical I think she put a 1.25 mg dissolved in the solution. Literally my dick is fully turtled up right now like I can’t even believe it. I have asked many people no one seems to think it’s the finasteride they say it’s impossible I would have experienced it right after.

I don’t know about that, since it takes 30 to 60 days for your system to create new dht. It might as well be that your hormones are out of whack months later.

Have you done a hormonal test? Maybe it’ll show some signs?

BTW: nothing makes your dick shrivel up like finasteride man. Its the #1 dickkiller.

I am going to tomorrow.
It just came out of nowhere because my boners were solid all that time. Do you think triclosan soap that I started on Monday could have such dramatic effects? Triclosan is banned in Europe and known to disrupt hormones

Yes, stop using that stuff immediately. It has an influence on hormonal levels.

Give it some time, I do believe you’ll be able to bounce back.

Can you send a link to the research linking fin to autoimmune?

Thanks bro
I thought I was already bad after the finasteride with the white patch burning in my balls and the man boobs. If I could only go back in time and stop myself. I was always against drugs I wanted to be natural for life. Then I started watching YouTube and got sold on the whole scientific peer reviewed drugs wonderful benefits. I was like well the research is out there those hair doctors from kiwi island or whatever know what they are talking about it. I dismissed stories here I thought well they must have mental issues. Bro if I only knew. Looking back my life was perfect honestly fuck hair and fuck this social pressure to have it. I had a friend who shaved and didn’t care and he’s 100 times happier than I am now even with all my hair

I feel the same way you do… I got tricked by the same youtubers. The so called hairdoctors from Australia, they were quite convincing.

I’ve used fin topically 4 times and im left with a bunch of symptoms, 6 weeks off now and hoping that they will resolve : (

1 Like

Man 4 times… That’s like barely nothing. I believe you 100% tho it’s crazy how bad this thing is. We literally could have done a hardcore anabolic steroids cycle with less side effects than taking this male castration poison. But you we are kinda lucky to have had effects so quick to quit. Imagine taking this for months and years. I think we will recover bro I am just in a state of shock right now. Youtube is a very dangerous place. People think they are enlightened by watching it over normal TV they get their diet and supplements information from there. Little do they know they are playing Russian roulette with some very shady characters

3 Likes

Exactly bro, it has been some learning experience for me. There are so many of youtubers talking positive about the drug and just a few videos up with some negative talks about it.

I hope you are right about the onset of symptoms this quickly, if it didnt happen I would have used it months/years… and once you quit the poison it fucks your hormones up permanently.

I hope we will fully recover!

Penis still turtling. Is this going to go away?

I try to comment on as many of those Finasteride-promoting vids on youtube as I can (Kevin Mann & such) to try to warn guys if possible. Sorry bro. Hopefully you can rebound.

2 Likes

I literally took half a pill (0.5 mg) mixed it with rogain… rubbed it on my head and I haven’t been the same for over 14 months. Literally thinking about suicide over this bullshit.

Extreme sexual dysfunction
Liver pain
Brain fog
Food intolerances

Shit is honesty so bizarre

2 Likes

brother, did you use anything else previously?
or did it all start with that mixture of fin?

I was taking saw palmetto starting december.
So saw palmetto: 2 months total
Finasteride: 3 weeks total intersecting with sawp use

Crazy

I used saw palmetto before not knowing about the side effects
But that topical solution must have put me over the edge. Not really sure. All I know is this is the worst thing to ever happen to me

i used fin topically as well. fucked me up big time. still having some sides bro, 4 1/2 months off now

I am desperate for a fix to this. Might beg my dr for high does trt or proviron script… maybe ghb… not really sure

how long are u off fin,?

14 months