Took Finasteride while on TRT

I could copy all of the sides (each word) that you mentioned above and past it to my members story profile.

Try to follow my advices and do the tests that I suggested you to do.

You are not alone so keep informing us about your situation and possible progress in getting better.

Thanks for your response. Our problems seem almost identical! I too have something weird going on with my nerves - especially fingers. It seems that you too have good doctors working on your case, please let me know if you come to any conclusion. I will do the same.
I too tried sleeping pills in the beginning, as I was in such mental panic over this that I could not sleep. I am too afraid to try and SSRI:s as I am afraid it will mess up my marginal chances of getting better. How about xanax to keep your mind “calm”? They are addictive, but my mind cannot take another six months of this.
As so many of us are experiencing similar problems, there must be a logical reason behind all of this besides T&DHT-levels.

majkellos: My liver etc. values were fine, so I don’t think that whatever worked for you would work for the rest of us…

Onni - I’d say stay away from Benzos more than SSRIs. Benzos like xanax are way worse and much more addictive than SSRIs. They only last about 4-5 hours then you’ll get rebound anxiety, like 10 times worse and you’ll be screaming for another xanax. Another thing is your tolerance level will increase each time you take it and once you become addicted you may never be able to stop taking them, ever! Check out www.benzo.org.uk before you take any. If I were you I’d try taking 5-HTP for a while and see how that works.

Onni. I did not recover yet. I only think that taking care of your liver instead of popping another pills (no matter of what kind) might be a good approach in getting rid of our problems especialy in a long distance.

The one thing whatsoever is more then clear, that the most important thing in this is a good sleep, but I feel that it would be better to revenue the natural sleeping mechnism providing healthy lifestyle instead of popping another pills, as something like a magical remedy, which we all try to believe for.

I fully agree with Markus. I tried a benzodiazepine based drug (Temesta) under medical supervision. You get tolerant real quick and it is difficult to quit.

The drug I am taking during the day is Endronax which is a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (NRI) and not an SSRI. It works over a different pathway in the brain and has a very different effect. It is not known to have the potential for permanent sexual sides like SSRI’s.

Instead of taking a benzodiazepine I would give low dose Remeron a try. Remeron comes in 30mg (hard) and 15mg(soft) tablets. The soft tablets are easy to cut into quarters and that is what I do. So I am taking roughly 3.8mg Remeron before going to bed. It will put you to sleep nicely, get you into long, deep REM sleep phases and hence you will get nocturnal/morning wood. Remeron has the best sedative effect at low doses. It has pretty long half life so it will keep you calm during the day.

Aromatase is the enzyme responsible for the biosynthesis of estrogens. Estradiol is produced from testosterone by aromatase and estrone from androstenedione. So you measure aromatase activity by simply assaying estradiol for example.

You can also inhibit aromatase with aromatase inhibitors (Arimidex and Aromasin being prominent brand names for two such drugs). I have tried both despite my estrogen levels being rather low. Estrogens are definitly not the root cause to our problem here. Rather, it is that they are not being offset by androgenic action. This could be due to some problem at the androgen receptor level.

So, how is your situation now, Awor? My situation relates to yours in many ways. I crashed a month ago, so I really wanna know how things moved on for you.

Did you try to use cortisol and t3 with the trt?

Hi Awor, I’m curious too. Any improvements? Sounds like you’ve had PFS for at least 7 years.