Took finasteride for only 4 days

1. Where are you from (country)?
    USA

2. How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)
    Google

3. What is your current age, height, weight?
    22, 6’2, 155lbs

4. Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise?
    Not really. Play drums in a band regularly but that is it.

5. What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)?
    Regular. Meats, veggies, fruits, grains.

6. Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)?
    Hair Loss

7. For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)?
    4 Days

8. How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride?

1. 5/20
  1. How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?
  1. 5/24
  1. How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
    Cold Turkey

2. What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic?
    Other generic.

3. What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
    1mg/day

4. How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects?
    2 days.

5. What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
    Rapid testicular movement, enlargement and pain. Complete loss of libido and soft/barely getting erections.

Put an X beside all that apply:

Sexual
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[x] Loss of Morning Erections
[x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[x] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[x] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[x] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[x] Testicular Pain
[x] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

1. What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
    None.

2. If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?
    None.

3. Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride?
    No.

4. Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Got a prescription on 5/20 and began daily use that day. The second night I noticed my testicles shrinking and enlarging and some slight pain. I kept taking it for 2 more days before my balls were constantly shooting around the sack and hurting very bad(6/10). I stopped taking it 3 days ago and it’s only gotten worse. My penis and balls have shrunk but sometimes grow larger than they were before then shrink back down quickly. Ball pain is constant through the day. My penis has turned on its axis about 45 degrees. I’m having a pretty bad panic attack as i’m typing this because i read a bunch of stories on this site that explain exactly what I’m going through. I’ll keep updating as this progresses but I’m honestly not very hopeful because of how severe my symptoms are this early.

I’m posting this update mostly for myself so i can look back and see the progression.

It’s now been 10 days since I stopped taking finasteride.
Almost everything comes in waves.
The testicular pain is less, but they still constantly move/inflate and deflate. This is what worries me the most. I can always feel them moving around. This seems like a side effect very few people have so i’m nervous about what is happening down there. They have shrunk quite a bit and seem to always be tight and shriveled, like when you’re cold.
I’ve developed some really bad fatigue already. Doing everyday things like going shopping and taking a shower seems to take a lot out of me.
Luckily I have no problems with sleep, but I do sleep much more than I used to and still wake up exhausted.
All of my muscles feel weak. they hurt, but in waves like everything else.
My libido is gone. I can still get full boners, but a lot of the feeling is gone.
Also luckily, my girlfriend has done some research and is very supportive. She doesn’t seem to mind and tries very hard to keep me positive and active.

I’m hoping that since it is still early, my body is just going through an adjustment phase and after a few months I’ll start feeling normal.
I’ve been going to the gym more often and taking in as much protein as possible.
I’ve also fasted and I definitely felt better coming out of that, which is normal for any fast but it was still cool.

I’m trying to stay away from supplements and other things that affect my hormones for now and see where this takes me.
I’ll probably come back in a week or two and update again.

Many guys get hit badly but recover in 30 to 60 days or so. So hopefully that is you.
is the nut pain in both sides?