Took Finasteride for only 3 days

Hello everyone,

As stated in the subject, I took finasteride for only three days. I’m 22 years old. I was completely healthy before taking it. The first time I took this poison was on Jan. 18 and 20 and then I stopped after noticing low semen ejaculation. That is the only side effect I faced. Then, I took another tablet on Feb. 15. After about one month and a half month (around March 30), I faced what people in this forum call post-finasteride crash where I faced insomina, penis shrinkage, gut inflamation, and ED to a certain degree. I have been trying to recover ever since and it has been a month since I crashed.

I am trying to focus on my diet (follow a paleo diet), exercise 3-4 times a week, and take supplements.

These are the supplements I take everyday:
-Boron
-Magnesium
-Zinc
-Evening Primose Oil
-Iron
-Biotin
-Sorghum
-Fish Oil
-Maca Powder
-Tribulus Terrestris PE
-Creatine before workouts
-Probiotics
-L-Glutamine
-Horny Goat Weed

I also water fasted for two days and I am going to do a four day fast after two weeks.

So far after the crash, I have recovered quite a bit but still not to the state I was in before I took finasteride. I luckily don’t have insomnia or gut inflamation anymore. Neither do I have ED. But, my penis has shrinked in the flaccid state and when I try to masterbate I have to try really hard (after taking Maca or Honry Goat Weed) if I want to ejaculate and my penis is not as hard as it used to be and the girth has decreased in the erectile state.

I am trying to stay positive and do whatever I need to in order to recover. Is there anything else I can do?

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to give an update after my four day fast. My symptomes have gotten worse. I have complete ED and gut inflamation. :frowning:
Can someone please tell me if its going to get better or not? I am still trying to stay positive and stick to the regime mentioned above.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Only take iron if your iron is low otherwise it is very bad for you.

I will also say if you crashed on a few pills you probably have some kind of slow detox systems. I would look into that and maybe do 23andme or Organic acid urine test because PFS could be the canary in the coal mine.

If you have already made improvements that is a very good sign. Just stay as healthy as you can by supporting your body and hopefully pfs will pass.

nah ur fucked op hit me up if you need someone to cry with

Maybe try and moderate your use of language there harrisoff. Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, we all have a responsibility to guys out there who maybe just discovering that they are experiencing adverse side effects and are looking for support, both practical and psychological. There were guys on this site who were pulled under by their experience and it’s probably ill advised to write tritely about someone being fucked up when such language could just be that tipping point in taking someone into despair. Anyway, that’s my little aside.

Im in the exact same boat as you man. I only took it twice. both times was a .5mg dose.

how was your experience recovering from ED? did it gradually get better week after week since your “crash”??

also, what about penis sensitivity? did you recover from that after your crash too? thanks

ay Im just keepin it real. Also I did offer him support.

Maybe he is feeling better now. Some people get better in time. Others do not.

For those of you who are interested in knowing, I am still recovering. I am just facing sexual side effects. I have regained feeling in my penis but it is still not the way it was before I took the pill (I took the last one 3 months ago). I have low libido and low semen (not watery), just low in count. I do get morning erections from time to time, however they are not that strong. When I try to masturbate (I can do it without taking Horny Goat Weed now), I don’t have to work as hard as before but my erection is still not as strong as before I took the pill.

Currently, I have fasted two times (one two day fast, and one three day fast) and I am fasting as I write this (going to complete a 5 day fast).

Here is what I am going to do for the next three months:
-Follow a strict paleo diet (I cheated a couple of days by eating gluten and milk)
-Work out everyday (cardio and weights)
-Try to restrict masturbation
-Continue taking the supplements I have mentioned above

If I don’t recover in three months from low libido and weak errection or if I am not making improvement, I will consider taking androhard or a similar substance.

Hi Ksay, how are you now? an update would really help! thanks!

Hi VAV,

Thanks for checking on me! I wish I had some good news but I don’t. Things are worse than when I had the crash. My depression and anxiety has gotten significantly worse and my sexual side effects are slightly worse. However, I am the one to blame for this. For the past 4 years, I was extremely stressed with grad school and was not taking care of my health in terms of following the paleo lifestyle and exercising.

I finished with grad school a couple of months ago and did strict carnivore diet for a month to resolve the gut inflammation (check out meatheals). My thought process was that to tackle gut first, then sexual and mental. However, even though a lot of people have benefited from carnivore diet, it backfired on me and made my mental issues even more worse. I started having extreme suicidal thoughts. I don’t know if it was because I was adjusting to it or what but I suspect the carnivore diet helps people with autoimmune disorder and our problem isn’t autoimmune.

A couple of years ago, I discovered the CDnuts protocol but I never committed to the protocol 100% because of my grad school and because frankly I didn’t wanna think or do anything about my problems until I graduate. Grad school was stressful enough for me. I thought time would make me better but it has only made me worse.

I have decided to fully commit to the protocol mentioned above since I have nothing else to lose and I am not gonna throw away my life which I worked so hard to build because of three pills. I am going to recover.

Instead of committing to the protocol all at once, I am taking it one step at a time until I am fully there. So, for the past ten days, I have been weightlifting everyday. I go right after work and have made it into my routine and the routine is working well for me.

This is the plan I follow:

4x8, 2:00 break, last one till FAILURE!

Cue - Right after work

Routine - Weightlifting

Reward - Fruits

Chest/Triceps:

1. Bench Press - 145
  2. Tricep Extension - 35
  3. Hammer Press - 100
  4. Dips - 70
  5. Overhead Tricep - 40
  6. Fly -

Back/Biceps:

1. Seated Bicep Curl - 45
  2. Lat Pulldown - 100
  3. Low Row - 100
  4. Pull Ups - 115
  5. Back Extension - 150
  6. HIIT - 4 sets, 30sec

Legs:

1. Squats - 90
  2. Seated Leg Press - 210
  3. Leg Extension - 130
  4. Leg Curl - 90
  5. Hip Abduction -
  6. Hip Adduction -

Shoulders/Biceps:

1. Shoulder Press - 40
  2. Lateral/Front Raise - 15/35
  3. Hammer Curls - 30
  4. Bicep Curl - 25
  5. HIIT - 4 sets, 30 seconds

Repeat!

In terms for diet, for the past ten days, I have following the paleo diet after coming off the carnivore diet:

1. Eggs
  2. Vegetables (Carrots, Guacomole etc.)
  3. Fruits (Banana and Oranges)
  4. Nuts (Almond Butter, Brazailian Nuts etc.)
  5. Meat (Beef Patty & Steak)
  6. Coffee with Stevia

I only eat fruits after weightlifting at nighttime otherwise I am on a low carb ketogenic paleo diet during the day. I skip breakfast and eat one meal at lunchtime. And eat after weightlifting at nighttime. Been taking creatine, glutamine and electrolyte powder as supplements before weightlifting.

I plan to follow this until mid Dec and then I will do a 12 day water fast and just rest those days to reset my body. I have already taken days off from work.

Then, starting January, I am gonna continue my diet and exercise but start taking the 21 herbs.

So far, following this protocol for ten days, I feel better and energetic. I feel like mental issues has subsided and my libido has improved. I also don’t have gut bloating as much. I know it’s only been ten days but I will update at the end of November and December after my fast. If I don’t, please remind me.

After reading through recoveries, I learnt two things. Even with committing to the protocol 100%, recovery will take more than a year. My gut feeling says I will recover in less than two. Also, the second thing I have learnt is that the journey to recovery will have a lot of upswings and downswings to not give up when in the downswing phase and keep going no matter what.

Hopefully, this information helps. We will get thru this and come out stronger when we recover.

1 Like

I’m following the same protocol man. Just made scrambled eggs for the first time today lol. No more carbs for me. Make sure you follow gluten-free very strictly, once it gets out of your system even a little bit of it will cause inflammation and a negative reaction, at least I’ve heard.

You don’t need all 21 herbs, that’s pure marketing on CDNuts’ behalf, he himself only used about 7-10 herb cycle before recovering if I remember correctly.

He also did not carb backload until after he was recovered.

But yes I also feel better and more energetic. I think PFS is about weakening the immune system/clearing inflammation, then coming in with a decent combo of both pro-androgen and anti-androgen supplements and drugs.

Hey guys,

I have decided to update this thread at the end of each month. Not only is this going to be therapeutic for me but it will also keep me going in my journey. Since I didn’t do the initial questionnaire, I will do it now and keep updating it at the end of every month.

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)?

USA

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)

Google

What is your current age, height, weight?

27, 5’ 10’’ and 200lbs

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?

Finasteride

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?

1.00mg

What condition was being treated with the drug?

Hair loss

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?

Three days

How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug?

22 years old and Jan. 18, 2016

How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?

22 years old and Feb. 15, 2016

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?

Cold turkey

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?

2 months

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list. [at the time of the crash on March 30, 2016)

Sexual
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x] Erectile Dysfunction
[x] Complete Impotence
[x] Loss of Morning Erections
[x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[x] Watery Ejaculate
[x] Reduced Ejaculate
[x] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[x] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[x] Confusion
[x] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[x] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[x] Slurring of Speech
[x] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[x] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[x] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[x] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[x] Penile Tissue Changes
[x] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
Testicular Pain
[x] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[x] Weight Gain
[x] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[x] Muscle Wastage
Muscle Weakness
Joint Pain
[x] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
Prostate pain
[x] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[x] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
Hearing loss
Increased hair loss
Frequent urination
Lowered body temperature

Other (please explain)
[x] Insomnia

Now I would like to update my list of symptoms as of now.

Sexual
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive (recovering)
[x] Erectile Dysfunction (recovering)
Complete Impotence (recovered)
Loss of Morning Erections (recovered)
[x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections (recovering)
[x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections (recovering)
[x] Watery Ejaculate (recovering)
[x] Reduced Ejaculate (recovering)
[x] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm (recovering)
[x] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility (recovering)

Mental
[x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat (recovering)
[x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating (recovering)
[x] Confusion (recovering)
[x] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness (recovering)
[x] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought (recovering)
[x] Slurring of Speech (recovering)
[x] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency (recovering)
[x] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks (recovering)
[x] Severe Depression / Melancholy (recovering)
[x] Suicidal Thoughts (recovering)

Physical
[x] Penile Tissue Changes (recovering)
[x] Penis curvature / rotation on axis (recovering)
Testicular Pain
[x] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness (recovering)
[x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease (recovering)
[x] Weight Gain (recovering)
[x] Gynecomastia (male breasts) (recovering)
[x] Muscle Wastage (recovering)
Muscle Weakness
Joint Pain
[x] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes (recovering)

Misc
Prostate pain
[x] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion (recovering)
[x] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems (recovering)
Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
Hearing loss
Increased hair loss
Frequent urination
Lowered body temperature

Other (please explain)
Insomnia (recovered)

So far in the month of October, I have made progress and that has given me hope to keep going and to not give up. I have realized a few things that I would like to share.

I spoke to two people over the phone who have made complete recovery from pfs and both guys were genuine people and they gave me encouragement that recovery is 100% possible. One of the guys told me that one thing that stuck with me very strongly which was if you put your body in the best optimal state for enough time it will reach homeostasis.

I have realized that the only way to recover from pfs is putting in the work and being 100% strict with the protocol. There is no other way. I have been suffering from pfs for 4.5 years now and my side effects were the same so its not just a matter of time. I have to put in work every single day until I recover. Just putting in the work for two weeks in October, I can already see how much progress I have made. I just have to keep going and being consistent.

Going to the gym for the last two weeks, my strength has increased and I have made some modifications to my workout routine:

4x8, 2:00 break, last one till FAILURE!

Cue - Right after work

Routine - Weightlifting

Reward - Fruits

Chest/Triceps:

1. Bench Press - 150
  2. Rope Tricep Extension - 40
  3. Incline Bench Press - 110
  4. Dips - (-)55
  5. Overhead Tricep - 50
  6. Push-Ups - 7

Back/Biceps:

1. Seated Bicep Curl - 55
  2. Lat Pulldown - 105
  3. Low Row - 125
  4. Pull Ups - (-)55
  5. Back Extension - 150
  6. HIIT - 5 sets, 30sec @ 7mph

Legs:

1. Squats - 90
  2. Seated Leg Press - 230
  3. Leg Extension - 150
  4. Leg Curl - 110
  5. Hack Squat - 90
  6. Calf Raise - 45

Shoulders/Biceps:

1. Shoulder Press - 45
  2. Lateral/Front Raise - 15/35
  3. Hammer Curls - 30
  4. Bicep Curl - 25
  5. HIIT - 5 sets @ 7mph, 30 seconds

Finish with cold shower.

Repeat!

In terms for diet, I have also made some modifications.

I skip breakfast and drink a paleo smoothie for lunch. These are the ingredients I use for the smoothie:

1. Nut and Seeds Butter
  2. Cocoa Powder
  3. Canned Coconut Milk
  4. Frozen Avocado
  5. Frozen Berries
  6. Egg White Protein Powder
  7. Collagen Powder
  8. Bone Broth
  9. Pecan Butter
  10. Banana

I have been drinking this smoothie for ten days and its working well for me in terms of filling me up and keeping my carbs low during the day so I can carb backload at nighttime after my workout.

After workout, I eat fruits (banana, oranges, grapes etc.) and a protein rich meal. I have realized for me natural sweeteners such as stevia and monk fruit causes bloating so I don’t take that anymore with coffee. Instead, I use honey.

I have also jumped on board with no fap and I feel like that has been helping me in terms of improving my libido and mental acuity.

Instead of taking the herbs after Dec which I had planned initially, I have placed an order for them now and I will be taking them as soon as they arrive.

I will keep you guys updated about my progress at the end of November. Wish me luck!

Hey guys,

I have some good news and I would like to make an update.

I have been following the four pillars of TMO protocol which include exercise, diet, supplementation and avoidance of xenoestrogens and since last time I posted, I have made a significant progress.

In particular, I have noticed an increase in penile sensitivity, no more penile curvature or rotation on axis, decreased bloating, increased sweating and smell from armpits, an improvement in orgasm, decreased anxiety, no more suicidal thoughts, and decreased brain fog and confusion.

For me, as soon as I felt like my bloating and gut inflammation was decreasing, I started noticing improvement in the sexual and mental department. The smoothie I was drinking was still making me bloated (maybe because of guar gum in coconut milk) so I had to get super strict with my diet and figure out exactly what is causing gut inflammation for me.

What I did for five days was to just eat high water fruits (watermelon, honeydew, strawberry, cantalope, pineapple) because I know these fruits do not cause me bloating. Then, after five days, I added other fruits and eat those for a couple of days. Then vegetables (except for night shades) and ate all that for a couple of days. Then beef. Then paleo almond butter. Then finally eggs. A couple of days ago, I added a couple slices of pepperjack cheese to my beef patty and my bloating came back so I figured out that dairy is a no no for me at this point.

So my diet right now is pretty much strictly paleo and I am doing well and slowly making progress.

In terms of the supplement, I am cycling thru these eight right now, one a day:

1. Black Maca
  2. Rhodiola
  3. Tribulus
  4. Pine Pollen
  5. Catuaba Bark
  6. Ashwaganda
  7. Tongkat Ali
  8. Royal Jelly

I chose the above eight because I was able to get them in pill form instead of powder form and they are easy to take.

I am exercising everyday and using chemical free products such as toothpaste, laundry detergent etc.

I have definitely realized that to improve you gotta put in the work. Time alone will not heal me.

I will keep you guys updated as I make more progress.

Update:

More good news, guys. TMO protocol is working for me. My mood has improved, bloating has decreased even more and best of all, my ejaculate quantity and force of ejaculate has improved. I can’t wait to see results after my 12 day water fast in December.

So far, I am eating this everyday:

1. 4 Brown eggs made with Guac for Breakfast

2. Chicken Salad Bowl for Lunch

3. Beef patty for Dinner

I am using coconut oil to cook. I am have taken out fruits from my diet and trying to follow a low-carb paleo diet so I don’t get a high insulin response and no cravings as a result so following the paleo diet becomes easier and I can eat the same food everyday.

I’ll keep you guys updated as I continue my journey.

2 Likes

Update:

Something amazing happened this morning. Last night I was craving pizza (my fav food) so I went to target and bought the Banza Chickpea GF flour frozen pizza. I ate that and thought I would wake up with bloating in the morning from dairy and chickpea flour. But, I didn’t. My mood has never been better, my brain fog has gone down, anxiety has been reduced and my best of all, my mood has never been better. I am making good progress and I have full belief that the protocol will not only cure me but will make me an Alpha as CD says it. I have a long journey ahead but man the progress so far has given me a lot of hope.

1 Like

There is a JRE interview that gave me a lot of hope when I watched it about a month or so ago:

In the interview Andrew Marr had a crash from TBI with the EXACT same symptoms as us, mentally and hormonally. He was in deep depression, hopeless, confused, and suicidal just like us but completely recovered in a year or so but eating primal/clean, fixing his endocrine system with the help of Dr. Mark Gordon, weight lifting and being consistent - what Dr. Mark Gordon calls the anti-inflammatory protocol.

Another thing Dr. Gordon mentions is that testosterone has a secondary function in our body which is to reduce inflammation. Since we are low in testosterone, we get hammered more so than other people from eating any inflammatory foods. That is why eating an anti-inflammatory diet is so important.

“Reducing inflammation is the key” - Dr. Mark Gordon

I think everyone should watch this interview.

1 Like

Following u , keep updating …

could you please give me a linkfor this video?

Did you have muscle and bone issues and are those improving, we need an update!! I’m 2 months in since stopping fin and have really bad muscle and bone issues and I’m losing hope. I only took .25 once. This is insane.