4. Crappy food

5. Took Fin for hair loss

6. took it for 3 years

7. I started at 20

8. I quite at 23

9. I quit cold turkey

10. Generic Proscar

11. 1.25 daily

12. The onset was slow but I could still do most things.

13. What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
    No Dreams, no libido, no desire for sex, less firm erection

Put an X beside all that apply:

Sexual
[ X] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ X] Erectile Dysfunction
[ X] Complete Impotence
[ X] Loss of Morning Erections
[ X] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ X] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ X] Watery Ejaculate
[X ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ X] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[X ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ X] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ X] Confusion
[ X] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ X] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ X] Slurring of Speech
[ X] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ X] Depression / Melancholy

Physical
[ X] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ X] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ X] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ X] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ X] Muscle Wastage
[ X] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ X] Prostate pain
[ X] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ X] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ X] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ X] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

1. What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
    Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, others

2. If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)? None

3. Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride?

4. Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

So I took fin for 3 years starting at 20. I quit, had two great weeks, and then went into what you guys know would bring me here. Here we are 4 years later and during that time I have had about one good year.

That one good year was caused by taking Tyrosine, 1000-1500mg daily. I was entirely back to normal. I would have to masturbate in order to fall asleep and if I did not fall asleep soon enough after the first jack off I would have to do it again. I would get erections talking to a new girl on the phone. I started working out again and everything was chipper except of thing: my right rib area had some pain that simply wouldnt go away. It was bad enough that I even went to the doctor and had an MRI. They found nothing.

Then I made the biggest (or second biggest) mistake of my life. I stopped taking the Tyrosine. I stopped taking it for a while then about 1.5 years ago, I decided I would just accept the rib thing if I could have a normal social and sex life again. However, my original 1500mg dose did nothing. I upped it to 3g then 4 and I am now at 6. each time I up it it does get better slightly but then evens off and disappears.

Basically this is a story that SHOULD be in the recoveries forum if not for my stopping the tyrosine initially. Can anyone help me get back to how I felt on the 1500mg when I first started taking it? Does anyone know the protocol that would affect my body based on the information I have given above? Of course I can answer any further questions for you about me, but I’m hoping anyone can help knowing that there does seem to be a fix and i can bring my erections back to life with a one day megadose. That is the one thing keeping me going, knowing that it isnt something physically permanent. Thank you all so much and please help me :confused:

Tommy, you really should read my thread on neurotransmitters
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4231

Like you I experienced damn near full recovery taking similar pills to you. The amazing thing was that you hit the bulls eye on your own and I’m still haven’t had that kind of huge success getting there with doctor supervision. Your post encouraged me to keep seeing this neurotransmitter doctor until things are dialed in and things hit 100%. I know I’ll get cured, it’s just going to take some time, that’s all

Hey tommy,

You need to get complete blood work as soon as possible and be sure to include as many hormones as possible.

Regarding the pain in your ribs. Have you looked into wether you have an ulcer or not?
Propecia gave me an ulcer and many medications can do this. I no longer have this problem as used a product called prevpac to kill off the bacteria that causes the ulcer. You can get a test done with your doctor to confirm wether or not you have an ulcer.
Do you sometimes get pains in your stomach after eating? This is a symptom of an ulcer.

Also, I have been seeing a doctor that is not too far from where you are at. He is not a specalist for Propecia problems, but he is an Endo dr & is very understanding and belives that propecia caused my problems. You will soon find out, it is not easy to find a doctor that believes propecia can cause these types of prolems. If you want his name I can PM it to you.

Hi Joetz and Boston, thank you for your comments. I dont think it was an ulcer because as soon as I stopped the Tyrosine a few years ago it stopped. However, I am open to believe anything seeing as how this drug has caused so many strange effects. I would love the endo’s name since an understanding doctor willing to do the right tests is so important in this battle.

Feeling pretty good today, the last thing is the libido. I just dont want to keep upping the tyro and then having it level off. Anyone have opinions on Sam-e to up dopamine further or even a safe MAOI like deprenyl?

Thanks again!