Tianeptine (Please read carefully)

As some of you might know, im all for experimenting new stuff as i dont really believe anyone would help us in the next 40 years.
Tianeptine was long on my List of Things to try and i finally got the chance to try it 2 Weeks now.
I consider myself (I guess as many here) a very bad case of PFS, since im not only numb in the genital area, but my whole body is numb…I cant taste or smell anything since i got PFS. I literally cant feel my tongue touching the roof of my mouth when i try to. Cold or hot beverages are all the same since i cant tell, unless its really really hot or cold. Its basically living in hell…
After taking tinapetine for 3 days, i felt like something is happening in my body…Its the same fuzzy feeling you have when your tongue and lips are waking up after local anesthesia of the dentist…It was a very good and weird feeling…Like my brain is working and connecting itself again…I was able to taste melons and apples again…Coffee tasted again how it should be. I could smell my own body again…But it didnt stop here…I got the same feeling in my genital area…I was able for the first time in almost 2 years to sense the back of penis again…It wasnt at all near 100% but at least 50 to 60% coming from literally 0000%…
I really thought i found a cure but ofcourse i didnt…After 8-10 days im getting numb again. Everything is getting worse or better to say getting back to the shitty baseline i had…Im continuing to takte tinaeptine for the next month or 2 and i will report back, if this changes…
Now the main reason im posting this is, i need your insights and research capabilities on why tianeptine might have helped me this much, only to lose effectivness again…Do anyone think that i might add another medication that might function as a help or in a synergistic way to tineptine…Im really at a loss and very disappointed, but this experience gave me in a way some hope that we might really not be organically damaged as i was convinced to be…The fact that i have been able to feel again really gave me some hope.

PLEASE NOTE THAT IM TAKING TIANEPTINE IN A PHRAMECEUTICAL FORM (3x12,5mg) AND NOT USING SOME SKETCHY POWEDER FROM THIRD PARTY MANUFACTURE.

1 Like

Please be aware that the addictive and withdrawal effects of tianeptine have been compared to heroin (not sure whether these are exaggerations, or not) and it is known as “gas station dope” in some regions of the US.

I am not implying that the doses you are taking are very harmful, only that it has been found to fully agonize opioid receptors and poses a risk for abuse/dependence.

https://www.nature.com/articles/npp201760

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S003331821830327X

Im fully aware of this potential, although its only if one was trying to use it to get high…At these small doses of 37,5 mg, its pretty harmless and doesnt induce any sort of euphoria or addiction…Thats why i wanted to make it clear that im using it as a pharmaceutical and not buying it as powder which you can never really controll how much you are taking…I dont have any intention to increase my dose over 50mg (which is the max. Dose used in clinical settings)…People abusing this drug would take grams in a matter of days, which is why this drug got banned in some countries.

1 Like

The question remains, how could this drug rewire my brain for 4-5 days…What was the possible mechanism, would there be another drug that i might add to it to potentiate that possible mechanism?
Please be aware that im not new at this and i know the consequences of trying stuff…Its a matter of life and death to me…If im about to die, then why not try hard first.

1 Like

Are you sure about this? Some people who were originally put on opiates as pain management would beg to differ. Maybe I’m mistaken, but many of the case reports appeared to be legitimate users of tianeptine as an anti-depressant. …However, Purdue Pharma fully agrees with your assessment.

Who knows. I originally heard about tianeptine in discussion of nootropics, so there may be more info on related forums. Only found out about abuse potential in the past year.

how did you get it prescribed?

I made my research before getting into it, and i couldnt find a single story of addiction to tianeptine where someone was using it as antidepressant at recommended doses…Mostly ppl taking it for recreational use and buying it in powder form which to my experience is a bad idea as you can never really measure how much you are taking accurately…
I can understand the bad reputation about it in the US, as you cant get it prescribed so you have to buy it as powder which again lead to overdosing it…
Either way its a risk im willing to take, as long as its legal to get a prescription of it in germany.
Trust me, if you got that window of 4 days that i got you would understand…That was the most normal i ever felt in 2 years…I was even horny and got hard easily. I wanted to sleep with my best friend and bang her at work…It was a crazy feeling.
According to my research, there is no way that the opiate receptor effect alone can explain the efficacy of tianeptine…I already tested that as i tried some opiates in the past with 000 effect whatsover…
It has to be something else…Im telling you, from complete numbness to fuzzy feeling ALL over my body, and feeling my skin again… I wish i can put my hand on what has happened…At least im totally convinced now, that the problem is within the brain, and doesnt have to do with androgen receptor malfunctioning at my genitals. Thats my opinion at least.

1 Like

I bought it from a pharmacy…I can do that…If you want my advice i would wait untill i finish my expeirmnet with it…If you want to try it nonetheless…Please PLEASE PLEASE get a prescribtion from a doctor…If you cant get it in your country, then travel to country where you can and buy it there…You can get it in most europe.

1 Like

I have noticed a similar effect in the first couple days taking prescribed opiate painkillers. It never lasted past the first 3-4 days of use. I’m at a loss to explain that too.

There a topic here discussing a morphine derivative as a potential ED treatment:

A decrease in T levels has been associated with opioids, but it’s difficult to say if this would occur within days of use.

You are correct about the psych patients addicted to tianeptine taking many-fold the intended dose. The question remains whether they typically began upping the dose to chase a slight but noticeable euphoric effect at the therapeutic doses or heard by word-of mouth that a euphoric effect could be achieved at higher doses.

Its pretty weird…And i cant explain it either…Only thing that might make sense to me is the BDNF increasing effect of Tianpetine that somehow diminished after that time…Im not sure about lowering T to be honest…But i can tell you that…My balls were definitely deinitiely fulller and my dry eye symptoms completely resolved during those days…My T is already very low…
I have no idea…Thats why im sharing this experience…I was planning to post about it, first after at least 3 months have passed…But i dont want to waste time…I need to test another theory based on my expeirment with tinaeptine…And im not getting anywhere with my research :(…In the mean time i will keep taking it in the hopes of getting somewhere with it

2 Likes

took tianeptine in the past. Nothing changed.
Neither better or worse.

Did you buy get it as prescription or bought from 3d party?

prescription by a doctor.
that was my experience, yours coukd be different.

Does anyone else have experience with this drug?

To be honest and just to document this in case in 40 years someone researches what this poison has done to our body, i truly believe that (And thats my own opinion, based on my own understanding and trial and error) that PFS/PSSD/PAS is merely a severe form of Anhedonia…
Its Anhedonia in its purest and most devastating form (Of course its has grades and fluctuations) but it all goes back to one big symptom ANHEDONIA.
The fact that up until now there is no known treatment for Anhedonia is a bit frustrating, but i still have hope that the hyothesis of Kappa Antagonism will bring some relief to our condition as well.

Did anyone try doing something in this regard (Kappa antagonism)?..Im not sure if i should open a new thread about this subject