Thoughts on the mechanism of Post-Drug Syndrome

Yes it all adds up. I wouldn’t call our previous AR expression overexpressed, simply above average, which gave us above average libido etc. And yes the fact that we already had a high AR density may have meant that it was easier for the density to exceed the Goldilocks Zone where receptors are able to transmit a signal.

2 Likes

Yeah i called it overexpressed, but as u said, above average. Well I know i did nofap at the time, gymming, both things known to cause a higher AR expression.

2 Likes

Shouldnt you be careful with fin 0,2 mg? According to studies if I remember it blocks dht nearly the same like full dose. Here it is

Here is it. Page 14

One pill similar dose sended Anxolotl to pfs.
I’m concerned when I read about your plans even with episteride

That’s the whole point to undo the changes that have been made and unsilence the receptors taking 0.2 is enough to reboot the system. Everyone seems concerned and of course there is risk but when your in my state there’s very little options this has been tried and tested and has worked as proof from the article above it has also been discussed extensively on here before so the concept is nothing new. We can go into all the scientific data, studies etc but at the end of the day will they cure us maybe in another 20 years when I’m in a wheelchair feeding out of a tube with the cognitive ability of a pineapple because right now that’s were I’m headed.

2 Likes

I support your approach. We are all scared of drugs, I know, anyway, many of us are too much occupied with theories and possibly negative side effects while trying to fix this. I guess for every possible solution we can find an antiargument. Use vitamin C and dont use vitamin C beacuse, use Zinc and dont use it… Yeah, we can get worse but we cant get better without trying and experimenting. We cant find a way out. Most of sucess stories (fake or not) are from people trying things (even very rhisky). That’s why Im currently doing FMT. After 3 months of FMT ill experiment with reinstating low dose ssri. I know I can do more damage but Im absolutely not satisfied with what I have.
So, good luck man and I hope well find the way out.

1 Like

Hi @Papasmurf, did you start with your trial of Finasteride / episteride yet? I am really curious.

Not yet I’m currently exploring with other 5ar inhibitors to see how I feel and to put my theory to test.

Currently taking
zinc
green tea
soy
This is obviously a novel approach but hopefully it’ll give me a better insight to the mechanisms at play here sometimes we have to be our own guinea pigs especially seeing that men haven’t recovered in 10 or 20 years that’s like jail time in solitary confinement, fuck that!

1 Like

In what form are you taking soy? @Papasmurf

Straight from the bottle soy sauce mixed with green tea can’t really taste it also using some curcumin.

Are you sure soy sauce contains a decent amount of flavonoids? I think it’s the flavonoids that have the antiandrogenic effect.

This would be a good question for @skorpio88. @Papasmurf I did have good benefit from soy but I took soy flour. Only negative was it gave me pretty bad shits on the day I took a lot. Penile sensitivity felt a little improved and I’ve been having a little better energy as of late

I’m really not sure it was just lying up the cupboard so thought why not

When did you start taking?

Like a month ago for about a week and a half.
One tablespoon a day but did two on the day I got the shits

So you’ve seen improvements then

I support your answer. You have a point here

Hey @fixit, could you fill out the survey please.

Hello Greek. Page 14.

Theory: selective androgen receptor degraders (SARDs) could cure PFS. Currently there is only one, dimethylcurcumin, and it’s still in phase 2 clinical trials. I’ve thought about trying curcumin however I believe the AR degrading effect is much less reliable than the one induced by dimethylcurcumin.

Very interesting indeed.