Those who suffered muscle wastage from fin, could you regain muscle mass?

Thats my question - looking for motivating feedbacks cause could not regain muscle mass since returning to gym 2 months ago after suffering muscle waistage amongst lots others) from finasteride

Thx!

1 Like

Is ur testosterone dht fine?

Well T is middle ok, my available free T is at the lower end though

Mine dropped off overnight approx 3 years ago along with other tissue loss. Somedays my strength will return momentarily but generally muscles are weak and spongy they rarely get pumped and are slowly getting smaller. My masculine features etc have also retreated with time. Sorry not good news but I believe some have recovered.

Thx for your feedback!
Sorry to hear though, have you given up on weight lifting?

@andras33 no mate still do it a few times per week. Sometimes I’m as weak as a kitten and my muscles don’t react to anything the other times they’ll respond and go hard for only a few munt. U believe they only kick in “in my case” when I’ve ate something thats lowered my dht.

Thats crazy! I actually do feel some progress in strenght since returning to gym 2 months ago, but my muscle mass havent grown visibly yet.
(I went from 80kg pure muscles down to 68kg muscle less within a few months after crash)

Yeh the dramatic loss is insane I’m unfortunately one of the poor bastards that continues to decline. Good luck sounds like you may get better with time

1 Like

Yea i have read lot of your posts and comments, im really with you and hope you see some progress by time too.

1 Like

Thanks mate may God be with all of us. :heartbeat:

1 Like

What does muscle wasting feel like? For me, it’s like a piece of muscle is always tight and not as responsive to nerve signals, leading to loss in fine motor control and strength and other muscles or tendons have to compensate. It’s like the muscle is always contracting and never relaxes. There’s pain and a feeling of numb weakness that comes and goes. I have at least localized myopathy in two areas.

1 Like

Well to me it manifested in complete muscle mass loss, i was weight lifting for 15 years, was 80kg of muscle, my arms, breast, shoulders and legs became all skinny and weak, leaving me with 68 kg body weight. All my cloths that used to be tight became baggy on me

1 Like

Mine was the same @andras33 dramatic loss I now get knife like cutting pains in the tissue for no reason. Feeling like tears. I get the same feeling in my gums ahead of bleeding and they are continuing to recede. More worrying the shooting pains in my head feel the same. I suspect brain tissue loss too. It’s insane.

1 Like

Jesus Christ that sounds like a pure horror atory man!
I had a critically low total T level after crash which could explain my rapid muscle loss. By now T levels stabilized and i get more and more strenght but i wonder if my muscles mass is being able to grow with lowish free T levels

Is your testosterone level normal?

1 Like

I remember initially losing considerable strength in one of my arms. So bad that I barely struggled to hold onto a sauce pan without pain; other arm was fine. I struggled to curl with even like 10 lbs and my left bicep couldn’t even get a proper pump. I imagine it’s similar with me. I haven’t tried lifting again due to tremendous joint pain.

1 Like

@andras33 yeh it returned to normal but my receptors are fucked.

1 Like

Sh”t! So that means even if my free T improves, i wont be able to grow miscles? :scream:

1 Like

Even after we stop losing our muscles and start gaining some, we can’t feel it becoz our Testosterone and Dht are not getting attached to the receptors. I wonder when will a solid research on only receptors for us PFS patients starts !

1 Like

Sad to hear man! I consider myself lucky than to b able to excersize and even finding it refreshing again,
I heard some get worse symptoms by excersizing which is definately not my case.

You should return to gym too imo, try it light in the beginning

Not necessarily many recover / stabilise. I took it on and off for too many years. Even with damaged receptors many improve. There is only a small group who continue to deteriorate. Don’t panic.

1 Like