This seems to help

Any update?

BioGaia Gastrus gave me horrible insomnia. I took one at night. Slept for less than 2 hours, wide awake for a few hours, slept again for 2 hours, jolted awake again, repeat. It also gave me some horrible nightmares. Fuck, I’m cursed. Remind me not to touch anything else ever and let my body heal itself naturally. The shit we do to try to fix our insomnia, only to worsen it.

I took acidophilus complex which had L. Reuteri in and two other pro biotics, i did feel recovered on it for awhile and since then my testosterone has been off of the high end of the range consistently

How long did you take it for?

On and off for about 6 months, high dose of up to 10 capsules a day

Could you please specify what you mean recovered ? What sides did you have ? Sexually recovered ? How long did recovery last ? Do you feel some benefits that you gained are permanent ? thanks !

Hey Mercked, sorry to hear it didn’t work out. I definitely get anxious taking medication these days too.

I’m gonna answer the questions people keep asking here because I’m getting sick of answering them privately. No offense and I wish everyone good luck.

Yes. I believe it did help with sexual sides. Not cured, but improved. Time also seems to help.

It did help with shrinkage but I also took vitamin E drops which seem to help (liquid drops, put in water, google it) So far it’s been permanent. I waited awhile to post to be sure it would last.

There is enough info in the thread so far to figure it out but here’s the link. I’m not going to respond to anyone else asking, again, good luck. I hope this is helpful to some of you.

This was a disaster for me. I took one tablet a night ago and for the second night I am wide awake after hardly 1 hour of sleep. Even worse than the first night. Does this go away?

From a probiotic?

Yeah, I am experiencing extreme insomnia for two nights from taking one tablet of BioGaia Gastrus. Hopefully the bacteria will be out of my system soon.

Interesting. Hopefully I don’t have the same issue. Just took 1 this morning.

I didn’t feel anything at all for about a month.

Why don’t you just stop? It seems like you were doing ok and then you started experimenting to make things better and everything has got worse.

Why don’t you just give it a month before you do anything that isn’t eating totally bland, safe foods? Or even longer. You’re not going to die from lack of sleep in the next few months.

Just a suggestion.

2 Likes

Hey guys, here is another L Reuteri strain. I tried it for a month and it seemed to improve my carb tolerance (less bloating and low energy feeling after carbs), but it also gave me gas and loose stools. I tried it because I read some reports on reddit.com/r/nootropics that it increased sex drive. For my PSSD, I did not detect any improvements, but I’m interested in trying again this time for 3 months because that is usually the minimum time to cause long term changes in microbiome.

Yeah, I know. Every time I end up hurting myself so much more. I was desperate to try to recover quicker because my life circumstance is really dire at the moment. I really need to work again. I need to take it easy or I’ll make things worse for myself.

2 Likes

yeah man, rule of thumb for anyone considering taking ANYTHING AT ALL, if you are not in a strong place mentally and physically, don’t take shit. Your mind and body were not ready. Insomnia from probiotics is virtually unheard of and your tripping yourself out. This will continue with everything you take until you get your confidence in your body back.

1 Like

I notice probiots have only helped me, and have been imperative for recovering my digestive system. I’ll have to try yours.

I got this probiotic because of people claiming that it greatly improved their fragmented sleep, so shouldn’t I have had a placebo effect rather than a nocebo effect? I think it’s to do with it raising histamine levels as I had a slight allergic reaction to it: https://epiphanyasd.blogspot.com/2016/09/histamine-reaction-to-bio-gaia-gastrus.html
Apparently it also increases cAMP levels.

I’m mildly itching all over my body on day 3+ after taking this probiotic.

Here’s a list of probiotic side effects and the explanation for their causes. It includes insomnia and sleep issues as possible side effects. Some things to keep in mind when starting probiotics:

Despite the horrible insomnia, this probiotic gave me a sense of well-being and calmness from time to time, not that it balances out the insomnia. I also see improvements in morning wood, erectile quality, and sensitivity, but I had only minor sexual sides to begin with. Nonetheless I’m going to have to find a probiotic that degrades rather than produce histamine.

1 Like

Would you consider taking a new antihistamine like Claritin or Allegra (to avoid the sleepy sides) to counter these side effects until they improve?