The weirdest thing has been happening

This gives me a great sense of optimism and sense of energy, thanks for posting. Logically, I know I could find 50 posts to the contrary on this forum but I think staying positive is necessary.

Can I ask, how long have you been on the T3/4 and the clomid? Did any improvement in symptoms coincide with this?

Also, did you experience any muscle wastage? If so, how have you managed this through your training? I’m into lifting but since my relatively recent crash have really been struggling and having to drop my weights down. I tell myself this is psychological and really try to push myself through it but im far more ruined at the end of a session than I ever was on heavier weights and my screams in the gym are getting me funny looks. I don’t know if this is wise.

Thanks guys, I’m really glad I can help. I know I was always desperately looking for new ideas to get better - hence the endless list of experiments.

Regarding your questions:

@OhioGuy

I had completely lost all libido. And I mean completely. I could go weeks without masturbating or sex, I could go weeks without even the slightest thought of it or desire for it. That has changed too. While I’m not the horny teenager I’d like to be (I’m 30), I have a healthy sex drive again that continues to improve along with the other symptoms. I can do a day without, but definitely not weeks :wink: It was one of the last things that got better though - I’ve already been having morning wood etc again for quite some time before my sex drive started to get better.

Brain/penis connection is the same story. I just felt completely “unsexual” as a person. I was able to masturbate which I did every once in a while just to prove myself that I still could, but I would only get hard by constant manual stimulation. Today when I have erotic thoughts in my head I get a boner again.

@whatnews:

I took Clomid for about 3.5 months and started with T3/T4 a few weeks later. I started taking Clomid as part of my PCT regimen after I had no success whatsoever with TRT and once I started to notice some initially minor improvements I continued taking it. I took Clomid before bedtime and still take T3/T4 in the morning before breakfast. I really don’t know if those helped - the improvements were gradual and I cannot say for sure whether they would have been the same had I not taken the meds. But if ANY of all the drugs I took did ANYTHING, I’d say it was Clomid, T3/T4 and the 5-day cycle Dexamethasone.

To be honest I think the working out and diet part were the most essential. 2 weeks after starting the keto diet plan things really got speeded up and I also went to the gym every single day during that time: 10 minutes warm up and 45 minutes heavy lifting with very few breaks.

Muscle wastage was not a problem because I worked out before PFS and continued working out once it hit me. What higher T does is give you more strength and help you recover more quickly, but you can still work out and build muscle with hormonal issues, it’s just tougher and maybe not to the same extent - like you said, it’s much harder to do heavy weights in that case. For me, it was always about willpower - I would listen to loud gym music and not accept anything but to lift more and heavier. I did the same while I had really low T. And what other people at the gym think of it? Well, let them think. Someone’s gotta entertain them.
That was actually the ONE benefit while on TRT - I definitely increased muscle mass faster and had a lot more strength. Training was easier. But the sexual sides got worse while on TRT and not better which is why I switched to Clomid. I don’t think TRT is necessary for any PFS sufferer because there is no reason to think that our testicles got messed up by Fin and that’s the only case where you really need to go on TRT. Something that any doctor can check for you by the way.

I think the worst part is accepting that it takes much more time to get better than it took to fuck us up. Our bodies can recover, there’s no reason why they wouldn’t. If a person can live a normal life after half their brain had been removed, then so can we fix PFS. Create the best possible environment for your body - live as healthy as you possibly can. It just doesn’t happen over night.

I almost forgot about the website until a friend of mine wanted to start Propecia and I warned him not to. So I thought why not give an update - I know I would have wanted to read it :slight_smile:

Overall I’m doing fine. At some point you don’t even know anymore what’s PFS effect and what is actually just…you. I hues sby then you know it can’t be that bad anymore.

And that also summarizes the cure: time. It just takes time. My last Fin dose was 3 years ago.

My biggest side effects in the years that followed were sexual sides (basically I couldn’t keep it up and it wouldn’t get really (!) hard anymore altogether) and massive (and I mean MASSIVE) sleep problems.

I sleep well these days and I have so for a long time. There are nights when I lay awake but that’s normal and everyone on this planet knows that feeling. I also have fun, awesome sex again. Not a morning erection every single day but most days and overall everything is just that: normal and how it should be. My hair decided to continue its goodbye but it my hair can’t deal with my hormones then I can’t deal with my hair haha :slight_smile:

One thing I still do up to this day is low dose Testosterone shots. Don’t buy the weird crap online but get a genuine brand if you want to try this. I give myself a shot once every 5 weeks (around 100mg Test E). My T levels are a bit high but I found that I function best with those so I stick to them. All other hormones are within range.

Looking back I feel most of the stuff I attributed some positive impact to really didn’t make much difference at all. Obviously, stay healthy - eat well, work out. But I doubt that paleo diets or Clomid cure you. Things really started to be OK on a steady level once I REALLY (!!!) shifted my focus to other things in my life and stopped putting all kinds of shit in my body that I found on dodgy websites on the internet.

Good News Man!!! I have been on a TRT protocol for ~2months now. It is having a positive effect so far.

Just read this whole thread - great posts and thanks for the latest update.

My situation was similar to you, stop start stop start and eventually by body said i’d gone too far.

Really hope you keep improving and like so many people on here have said, the right mindset is fundamental to our recovery. A girl at work spoke to me the other day about her brother who was diagnosed with untreatable cancer 5 years ago with only a year to live. He was adamant he would be be fine, despite warnings from the doctor and always assured his friends and family it was just a temporary blip that will just go away. Over the next 12 - 18 months they’d found the cancer had left his body and to this day are at a loss to explain why.

Makes you think.

Do u need armidex with your T shots u get every 5 weeks?

Did u ever do thAt 8 day fast u mentioned?

If so do u contribute any of your recovery to it?