The weed connection

The only time I remember having the PFS symptoms before taking the drug was when I smoked weed, i was so scared that this was the last time i ever dif.
something weird having to do with being completely numb, lethargic, depressed, …

and I see this happened to other people, and those who repeated the experience got burnt for good it seems:
thundersplace.org/penis-enl … penis.html

what the hell is the connection here? Clearly these are very similar symptoms… Is it dopamine or dopamine withdrawal?

1 Like

Cannabis is chock-full of beta-sitosterol, the active compound in saw palmetto, and a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor.
CBD (cannabidiol) also has affinity for certain estrogen receptors.

This was discussed between me and another sufferer of PFS-like symptoms who noticed a severe worsening of symptoms after vaporizing cannabis, followed by a brief period of partial recovery for a couple days after. Not sure if it’s a good idea, but it seems to be working for him.

It’s worth noting the OP in that page you linked used Spice. Who knows what type of garbage it really was.

Thought you were being bold and discussing sources when I saw “the weed connection” tile :smiley:

3 years later, how did it work out for your friend with cannabis?

I was using cannabis oil myself for about 2 month’s to see would it help, i had one or two nights where i felt horny and a little bit more sensitivity, maybe near pre accutane state but not pre SSRI state, i will also add something very interested.

Before i crashed with accutane, i had a few days where masturbation was the best feeling ever, like i mean beyond anything i can remember because i have been on antidepressants from a young age. The sensitivity was what I’d imagine it was for someone without this issue, but it was only temporary and never felt that way again yet.
I don’t really have any interest in sex as it’s not pleasurable, i even sometimes don’t get the point of it, why it’s important to people because it’s an experience i haven’t really been able to have, but that small window of near normality a few month’s ago, before everything went to crap was something I’d like yo be able to experience again sometime in my life :blush:

But with previous women i haven’t ever enjoyed sex, so when all this is over I’ll certainly be in for something very different to what im used to and vice versa for anyone else affected from a young age or to anyone who just can’t remember what “normal” is.
I certainly understand now from going through all this there is more to life than sex, but that doesn’t mean it’s ok, I’d to be able to have sex and enjoy it because when i had a libido, it motivated me, but what i mean is why we are in this state, it doesn’t mean life is not worth living, we will get back to normal sooner or later.
Stay strong everyone :heart:

6 Likes

BINGO.

The same thing has happened to me, smoking marijuana aggravates the PFS a lot and also I believe that dopamine deficit is the cause. When I smoked marihuana during days my penis turned impotent.

NEVER SMOKE MARIJUANA

Many reports of it helping some and also worsening others. Same thing as ever:

2 Likes

This is like the endocrine disruptors thing, I don’t think Marijuana or any other every day hormone inhibitor is a strong enough AR inhibitor that causes serious problems unless your androgen receptors are already in a weakened state. I’ve smoked a few times since I got PFS and it didn’t make things better or worse for me.

2 Likes