The Steroidogenesis Inhibitor Finasteride Reduces the Response to Both Stressful and Rewarding Stimuli

Be clear that I am not critiziting the work done. This is very helpful and I said already thank you for this. It seems that all of you admins take this too much personally, and you shouldn’t. I do think, however, that there is something that i do not agree with, and would prefer you to inderstand my point, but if you don’t, you may accept my comment and stop demanding me to fullfil the survey im every post, like if i was obligated to.
We are in democracy and I do want to think that people here is also free to say what we think, always inside of some moral limits.

Regarsing the point i do mot agree, is mot the same that you are reffering to. It is relared qith the questions of our symptoms one month later cessation. I had the crash one month after, should i put that i was feeling myself great like a god? Or like a shit? Because results are totally different and this will make results very confusing.
I am sure more people are in the same situation so i do prefer this to be solved before adding my data. If not, i have no any problem, but i won’t fullfil it.
I hope this is clear now, but i assume you won’t accept it, will keep pushing me, and at some point maybe until you consider me to be banned. What I hope this is not happening for the health of this site. Opinions should be respected.

You made a specific point regarding a simplistic yes/no presentation that I addressed. I do not take it personally - I would not bother replying if I was personally antagonised or you were breaking the rules. If you were excluded it would not be for not taking the survey and I have made no such demands - I’ve suggested it’s a way to help. I don’t know what you mean by we’re in a democracy but this is a private website provided by the staff’s effort and money to patients, not a country. If you were to be banned in the future it would not be for not personally choosing to take the survey, though. Asking people to take the survey (a major objective of the continued existence of this site), and trying to address stated concerns, is what we have spent a lot of time doing and will continue to. Certainly, not being able to suggest that, when there’s evidence that these authors tried to gain standardised data from this site, would be remiss in reply to supporting scientists efforts -especially when they are not currently appreciative of something apparent to both you and I.

Besides there being no grounds to, editing the survey after issue would invalidate the results. No standardised surveying the tailoring can ever be exact to every patient, or it would not be standardisation. For example, the IIEF (included in our survey and in PFS publications) is the gold standard of urological assessment for male erectile function, but has been criticised as it is not fully suited to someone who is not sexually active at all. Nevertheless, it is used widely in research and patients can make their closest estimation of an answer.

As we ask about a remission between cessation and the crash, you could select that you felt even better than before while going on to list your crash symptoms in the month time frame after cessation. If you state you felt even better than before in the multiple choice regarding remission, you give a pre-fin per-symptom assessment, and then state your crash symptom in the month-following window, I don’t see how that does not capture what you are describing while capturing the crash. I do appreciate a low percentage of cases are significantly outside this time frame, but they still have the pre, during and now timeframe that will clarify a broad progression, as well as stating they have experienced a crash and providing data on that at the outset. It is therefore not gathering incorrect data if a crash doesn’t fall in that time frame - it just means that isn’t when your crash was. One day out is not going to somehow break the aggregate picture in your personal case however. Some allowances have to be made for standardising an extremely complex situation into fixed research-agreeable time frames (predominantly 4 weeks).

Anyway, those concerns are now as addressed as they can be so it’s up to you. It would help us advocate, however - trust me.

1 Like

If I might make a suggestion @Tomas, perhaps you could think of filling out the survey as a way of acknowledging the vast amount of time spent working on maintaining the forum, running the projects that are making a difference and the time spent liasing with the scientific community and the costs involved in those things.

Refusing to take the survey based on a technicality when the importance and benefit is so great feels at best self defeating.

I don’t pretend to understand all of the details, but when the most knowledgeable that we have are advocating for a course of action, I think it’s worth doing it.

Please join us in trying to help. It is an hour of your time.

Possibility.

Effects of histamine H1 receptor signaling on glucocorticoid receptor activity

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep17476
“our results show a dual regulation of GR activity by the H1R”

Relevant cell types where the signaling convergence identified in our work may be relevant should express both H1R and GR, such as endothelial cells, dendritic cells, monocytes, neutrophils, T and B cells and microglia39,40. The existence of these cell types co-expressing both receptors suggests that our findings may have implications for regulation of inflammation in several systems, such as lung, skin and brain.

2 Likes

You’re saying we’re soyjacks? How depressing

1 Like

Taking fin and developing PFS because r/tressless said not to worry is the ultimate soyjak moment.