The role of the prostate in androgen metabolism

2009 Thesis - The role of the prostate in androgen metabolism
diss.kib.ki.se/2009/978-91-7409-462-6/thesis.pdf

It articulates testosterone pathways to DHT and it’s metabolite 3 Adiol G

Please read it…Its in .pdf format…One of the better articles I have read.
2009 Thesis - Role of prostate in androgen metabolism.pdf (731 KB)

Thanks for the post on the prostate and androgen metabolism.

On another note, the initial study you posted about is already here:

The influence of low dose finasteride, a type II 5α-reductase inhibitor, on circulating neuroactive steroids
propeciahelp.com/forum/viewt … 7269#17269

I have deleted your initial post due to redundancy.

Thanks mew…didn’t see it, sorry…PLEASE READ the PDF file…I read it, it’s REALLY REALLY GOOD, and should be given to doctors to look at.

Its talks about individuals who get radical prostecomy done and how that affect DHT and 3 Adiol G levels(metabolite of DHT). It suggest that a lack of DHT and 3 Adiol G can affect erectile nerves and cause Erectile dysfunction along with lack of libidio.

The article also suggests DHT supplement may help restore sexual functioning for these individuals who had a radical prostectomy done. This article also has diagrams on hormonal pathways from page 30-35 I believe…

I suggest that everyone reads this, and we should probably contact this endocriniology department since they are doing FURTHER studies on how finasteride affects 3 adiol g levels. Perhaps they could take a look at us, it will make it very easy for them.

:wink:

Screenshots from the article.

Finasteride atrophies and destroys the prostate, so although we didn’t have our prostates removed through radical prostatectomy (RP), this article provides a hypothesis that RP creates a similar hormonal profile vs. use of 5AR inhibitors.

Thus, the sexual dysfunction experienced after RP and Finasteride likely shares a common hormonal trait – in this case, DHT deficiency (or in our cases, loss of 5AR2 enzyme activity or DHT deficiency due to reduced prostatic function post-Fiin).

does it make sense to try to contact the author of this paper in order to explain our case to him and raise some awareness? Since it is a recent paper it is possible that he might be interested in this. I tried to look him up but am not sure if this is the same author or not: [link censored for privacy]

Yes, I will contact him to explain our case.

Found this chemistry conversion link to convert the T figures cited in this article:
vin.com/scripts/labquest/converthtml.pl

The article states that loss of libido occurs when T levels fall below 15 nmol/L. This corresponds to 430 ng/dl. It also states that ED occurs when T levels fall below 8 nmol/L. This corresponds to 230 ng/dl.

Great find anonnn1. Let’s hope the author is interested in our cause.

This why it is important for everyone to get DHT levels and 3 Adiol G checked out. This can explain lack of blood flow going to the penis(reduced NOS*Nitric Oxide output) and lack of libido.

My attention to detail never fades, I think this explains why Dustin feels NORMAL when he is taking a signifcant amount of testosterone in his body. The more testosterone he has, the higher DHT conversion levels he has, therefore the higher amount of 3 Adiol G he has. He has to take a supraphysiological amount of testosterone to get his DHT levels up. Like JN states, you don’t have to take that much testosterone if you are taking DHT with it. I have a smile on my face today because this is all making sense.

You see by looking at that chart Finasteride keeps testosterone levels elevated, but takes DHT out of the picture. Without DHT, 3 adiol G levels crash which is DHT located in the prostate, testes, and brain.

It’s something like this

On Finasteride…Testosterone->NO DHT->NO 3 Adiol G

Off Finasteride…Testosterone->supressed DHT->suppressed 3 Adiol G

This does not apply for everyone, because some people’s systems recover.

This also explains lack of blood flow going into the Copera Canversa nerves(wrong spelling, look it up)

I’ve had a penile angiogram done a few years ago, and this holds true. There is certainly a lack of blood flow in my veins because of nerve damage due to lack of DHT and 3 adiol G(I haven’t got my 3 adiol g tested yet, will have it next week, but if it is low, my theory stands correct). One could get revascular surgery done, but it doesn’t make sense if you haven’t corrected the hormonal imbalance, because after you have the surgery, your back at 1st base trying to figure out whats wrong, and your nerves will have the same problem.

So, I agree with JN’s Theory. Doctors need to take a deeper look at this…Yes DHT does suppress testosterone, therefore a TRT/HCG/DHT and maybe a small amount of clomid protocol is needed for us to maintain fertility?

Think guys…think hard…spread awareness…let doctors know about this…

-anonnn

But how to explain the hairloss?

what do you consider “moderate levels”?

I’m not losing my hair :confused:

My hair is getting thicker in last one year - after 5 years since I stopped finasteride…this is worrying